Everyone seems to be forgetting something very important

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

ES builds can stack 78% block/spells block just as easily with Necromancer.

I would actually be very surprised if necro or bone offering aren't changed in 3.0.
Especially if they tone down the damage numbers, that interaction makes you immortal already for anything up to T15 with just:

- 2 ascendancy points
- amulet slot
- 2 cwdt setups
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on May 18, 2017, 7:45:50 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
Life builds can easilly stack any combination of 78% block and spell block, 70%+ physical damage reduction, 70%+ chance to evade, increased life leech caps, life regeneration (loads of regen nodes for and with life that ES users arent going to take just for ZO E.G. Golems Blood) all on top of that easy to reach 6k+ life.

Also potion metagame. Herbalism and Profane Chemistry are awesome you know, 10k+ life regen from pots, and also a unique pot that recovers 75% of your max life.

Also strength increases phys damage, and projectile damage with iron grip, spell damage with iron will. INT also increases .... Mana.

Hmm, yeah, you're right. You pretty much outlined all the reasons life builds are vastly more popular currently.

10k+ Life builds > 20k+ ES builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WnOV68V4Ks
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 7:46:20 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
10k+ Life builds > 20k+ ES builds.

You conveniently forgot that life builds need 10k much more than ES builds need 20k, once you pass the "I won't get oneshot if I slip on a banana peel" it doesn't make much difference if you got 15k or 500k. The game operates on getting as much defense as you need for comfortable playing so you can invest in more interesting things, the build that has an easier time getting to that point wins, hence the ES meta. The absolute top potential of each is pretty much irrelevant.

You know, I might get more concerned if devs swore a blood oath the wheel will turn no more and we'll get stuck with whatever 3.0 brings for all eternity. As it is, I try not to give too many fucks about the whole life/ES thing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Everyone seems to be forgetting something how was balanced the game BEFORE ascendancy expansion

everything was fine, ascendancy expansion was a failure in terms of balance ( massive dps boost = massive instant leech, and vinktar )

in 3.0 it's getting even worse

GGG does not really play the game, looks like they balance on theory and excel numbers instead of to see how the game reality really is

Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on May 18, 2017, 8:28:51 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

So all thats needed then is to nerf Vaal Pact. Job done.

Because there are many life build using it too? Without a pool large enough to facetank everything.

Obviously I meant Nerf it for ES, you cant be that slow.

Maybe I am, anyhow - I'm not going to personally attack you back. I'm not into that. That can be your thing. Meanwhile, when you're done with your personal attacks, why don't you answer my question:

Is it fair that a 25K ES build have the same elemental damage reduction as a 6K life build, with lots of armor, evasion, block AND dodge?

If yes: Just agree to disagree
If no: Why against a nerf?

You CAN beat the whole game with life builds, so maybe - on the balance scale - life builds isn't the MAIN problem, but ES is a little to good? I was hoping for a little ES nerf and a little life buff. Seems like my hopes were listened to. tho the ES nerf might be a little too severe. But hey, that's what a BETA is for.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I was saying 'you cant be'. Thats not an attack, Im saying you arent slow. You just made an error of judgement. Its an extremely common phrase in England that every 'norm' uses, sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Life builds can easilly stack any combination of 78% block and spell block, 70%+ physical damage reduction, 70%+ chance to evade, increased life leech caps, life regeneration (loads of regen nodes for and with life that ES users arent going to take just for ZO E.G. Golems Blood) all on top of that easy to reach 6k+ life.

Also potion metagame. Herbalism and Profane Chemistry are awesome you know, 10k+ life regen from pots, and also a unique pot that recovers 75% of your max life.

Also strength increases phys damage, and projectile damage with iron grip, spell damage with iron will. INT also increases .... Mana.

But never mind, lets just ignore facts and ignore ES builds that cant take any of those defenses because they dont tend to exist in the intelligence skill tree area.

Shadows sure get access a lot of life and armour nodes.

You seem to be forgetting that the problem is 1 - SHOTS !

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

But never mind, lets just ignore facts and ignore ES builds that cant take any of those defenses because they dont tend to exist in the intelligence skill tree area.

The average ES builds also get 1 shotted, that is those with sub 10k ES.

And surely the fix to one shots is reducing damage, not making it so that everybody gets one shotted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 8:43:44 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

The average ES builds also get 1 shotted, that is those with sub 10k ES.

And surely the fix to one shots is reducing damage, not making it so that everybody gets one shotted.

you really shouldent switch to CI until you have more than 10k es at that point you should be immune any surprise one shots
I dont see any any key!
There is more to the game than white shaped strands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info