life and ES changes - feedback

"
Fruz wrote:
So you went for the baseless version I see, good job.

I will always be happy to play stuff that just has been "trashed" if we listen to QQers not capable of building anything by themselves.

In fact I am going to love playing an ES char next league.

Good for you. I play life builds anyway. I still think the whole "balance" nerf cycle is a joke.

You need to understand that GGG are not interested in balance in any way shape or form.

Every major nerf/balance patch has achieved absolutely nothing, other than to shift the meta and piss people off.

What makes you believe it will suddenly be different this time.

Talk about blind faith. That's the polite way of putting it.
You think it's a joke because you don't understand how balancing works.

They cannot shift the meta and keep the game interesting if there is no balance (sorry captain obvious)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
the es nerfs are way too far, the gap between life and es right now is about 1/4 of the gap between them in the opposite direction after these changes.

you dont need to touch zealots, as it stands itll be the only reason to really play ci and virtually no one will take it because they now have even less reason to use ev or ar since they directly compete with total life, so they will get 8k, 9k+ life on their builds with these new hybrids which will almost rival what someone with a current 15k es crazy price build will get after the nerfs, and they will have vaal pact that can still cheese leech through all the content, plus they have life pots, and theyre life so theyre pathing past vitality void etc that es builds didnt get...

Do you really think people are going to pass that up for 10k es zealots builds? Drop 1k hp pool, get vaal pact + life pots + a bit of base ar/ev from gear + 4x as much leech %?

I think this update essentially kills the 3 defenses in the meta, ar, ev and es are now going to be seen as so substandard compared to just stacking life that I dont see a large amount of people stacking any of them outside of guardians and possibly juggernauts. Hardly anyone uses ar and ev right now, in 3.0 they will compete with life and the meta already says just stack life and ignore them even though they dont currently compete.

I think the overall idea of hurting es, buffing life and ditching vp is good, but the details of what they have actually done is so horrible that I cant help but just feel completely let down, and the situation for the perm leagues with all ur life gear now being shit because ur life totals suck compared to new items and es is now an absolute apocalypse of legacy gear... wtf?
Those new hybrid rolls won't be better than secondary defenses on top helmet/chests imho.
Boots and gloves .... why not though, but for the chest and helm, I would rather have a very solid secondary defense instead.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
these hybrid rolls will have approximately 0 effect. the real deal is instant leech being life only.

people are not using ar and ev because their fav streamers fell into 'local minima' just like any neural network. the learning process went wrong and without restart stuff wont change.

problem is. you throw 8-9 k life pools as if it easy to reach such values. it isnt. these values require some meta build and very strong weapons to simply take almost nothing but life nodes. and belly or koams.

these two chests will haunt life builds forever as it takes a pretty damn strong life chest to beat these two relatively accessible uniques

if it is expected to reach 8-9k life then the expected ES budfer i say is somewhere around 13k. bot values are highly highly taxing on gear and tree

as long as instant leech remains - only the color of our life globe will change.

ES still is easier to gear for and allows for more uniques. lots od really good uniques have no life rolls at all. for ES builds a chest helmet and shield is all a build needs. life builds kind of require every piece to co tribute. be it life roll or str roll.

CuteDog put it nicely - ES builds were (and imho will be) easier to gear for mainly because once you got your 900es chest and 500es shield and 400es hubris you didnt need much else. int scaling and %es scaled that very well into 'enough' category

i hope for more substantial life changes. right now at most these give ~150 flat life. so 500hp increase for an average build. not changing much. esp when one needs to use a unique or a 2h (no shield).

people will play life. due to instant leech. because it is THE strongest thing out there..

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the es nerfs are way too far, the gap between life and es right now is about 1/4 of the gap between them in the opposite direction after these changes.

you dont need to touch zealots, as it stands itll be the only reason to really play ci and virtually no one will take it because they now have even less reason to use ev or ar since they directly compete with total life, so they will get 8k, 9k+ life on their builds with these new hybrids which will almost rival what someone with a current 15k es crazy price build will get after the nerfs, and they will have vaal pact that can still cheese leech through all the content, plus they have life pots, and theyre life so theyre pathing past vitality void etc that es builds didnt get...

Do you really think people are going to pass that up for 10k es zealots builds? Drop 1k hp pool, get vaal pact + life pots + a bit of base ar/ev from gear + 4x as much leech %?

I think this update essentially kills the 3 defenses in the meta, ar, ev and es are now going to be seen as so substandard compared to just stacking life that I dont see a large amount of people stacking any of them outside of guardians and possibly juggernauts. Hardly anyone uses ar and ev right now, in 3.0 they will compete with life and the meta already says just stack life and ignore them even though they dont currently compete.

I think the overall idea of hurting es, buffing life and ditching vp is good, but the details of what they have actually done is so horrible that I cant help but just feel completely let down, and the situation for the perm leagues with all ur life gear now being shit because ur life totals suck compared to new items and es is now an absolute apocalypse of legacy gear... wtf?
You say what? 8-9k life can compete with 15k ES? You know, how much u have to sacrifice in passives to get 8-9k life as a regular build? Currently, ES builds can get 20k ES with half of investment into passives like 8-9k builds doing, so after nerf they will be around 12-13k, still, with half of passive point used on life nodes by life builds. If you sucks at getting high pool of ES don't blame life builds then - because considering ur "investment" you will be at best with 6k life after 3.0.
If people could stop speaking about 20k ES with little investment, and on top of that as if it was a normal and very banal thing ..............

://

Stop just repeating everything you see on the internet ffs.
I want jewel that will turn MANA into Life or ES into Life, kinda like Energy from Within.
I think it would be good enough to solve the lack of life in certain part of trees.

ES after nerf will be fine.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Fruz wrote:
If people could stop speaking about 20k ES with little investment, and on top of that as if it was a normal and very banal thing ..............

://

Stop just repeating everything you see on the internet ffs.

Lol, you can get it currently fairly easy, with 50-70 points invested into tree with most ES-based ascendancies. You just need very well rolled gear. Check life builds what they need to get atleast 9k life, then speak about low q.q 15-20k es what ES builds can get.
"
sidtherat wrote:

people are not using ar and ev because their fav streamers fell into 'local minima' just like any neural network. the learning process went wrong and without restart stuff wont change.

No, because armor is crap and it's better to have 1-2K bigger buffer than 10-20K armor. And I have 80K AR 10 EC 2H Juggernaut or 30+K AR Gladiators.

ES changes will make ppls go back to life, but not to armor, it's back of Coil/ToH meta, world of cloaked in savagery berserkers.

Playing recharge non-occultist is terrible, and even on occultist will be so so considering gutted ES numbers. I have 60% block, 12K ES Crank no-leech occultist and can berely do Minotaur and I haven't managed to do so deathlessly. When my ES will be gutted to 9K, it will be just impossible.

And BTW getting 20K ES is not easy, you have to have top ES rolls everywhere and still invest shitload skillpoints into ES %.

And how looks playing close combat ES/life hybrids we could see in today's spoiler video - you end never having ES, when you really need it. And you die.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 25, 2017, 3:11:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info