life and ES changes - feedback

"
Boem wrote:
I think the overall reduction of ES across the board is overkill.

A 10% reduction, removal of vaal pact and a reduction of 50% from int scaling should suffice. I don't mind ES buffers being high if the replenishment methods are attacked instead.

That's probably what the beta is going to show.

The only things i dislike about this manifesto post is that they didn't outright remove vaal pact but limited it to life.
Remove the fucker or rework it to 100% increased leech rate with a 50% regen penalty coupled to it.(complete redesign)

Peace,

-Boem-

Pretty spot on, except that they might have adjusted the maximum value for % increased ES via Elreon crafts, up to at most 10%.

Regarding VP rework, having it offer double maximum leech rate cap with no life/ES regen, might have done the trick too.

Not to mention a rework to have it add a set value of LGoH and having it increase by 1/2 per level, up to a cool 200 when reaching 100...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sidtherat wrote:
but 15k buffer with 8 or 10% regen AND leech means several thousands replenished per second

zealoth oath is a serious risk balance-wise esp with how plentiful life regen is.

It's a non issue sid.

Just rework ZO to "life regen now applies to energy shield at halve it's total value"

Keeps the "high buffer" play-style(in comparison to life builds) but just reduces the availability to replenish that buffer.(which is the current non-existent drawback of ES builds)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
if they cut the regen? im all for this

but youll get this anyway as they already want to make ES > life buffers

and with 9k ES (i expect to be easily achievable no matter what doomsayers say - but with some extra effort this time) buffer play is pretty damn effective

been doing that on my no-leech hybrids and no-leech casters. with a bit or patience you just cannot die
And kill all ES RF builds in the process ?

screw that
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

screw that

Oh wow a nerf you don't like. Better not do that one then.
"
plodd wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

screw that

Better go ad hominem than think to understand why it would not be good, right ?
sigh
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

screw that

Better go ad hominem than think to understand why it would not be good, right ?
sigh

Yes exactly like you do in countless posts. You are forever advocating nerfs that do nothing to fix the root problems in the game but affect lots of players very negatively.

As soon as its something you don't like your special snowflake power kicks in.
Ok genious, let me try it to make it as simple as possible.

- A change that would kill a whole type of builds (that was intended by GGG ideally) is likely terrible for the game balance.

And such a change would definitely do that, it's not a nerf, it's plain simply removing the possibility of such building such character (couple with the ES nerfs).

If you still don't get it, nothing I can do for you.
Im already waiting for some stupid examples of "this build has been killed" when it had in fact not.
And ES RF is definitely a type of build that GGG let people build on purpose.
Last edited by Fruz on May 20, 2017, 3:13:00 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Ok genious, let me try it to make it as simple as possible.

- A change that would kill a whole type of builds (that was intended by GGG ideally) is likely terrible for the game balance.

And such a change would definitely do that, it's not a nerf, it's plain simply removing the possibility of such building such character (couple with the ES nerfs).

If you still don't get it, nothing I can do for you.
Im already waiting for some stupid examples of "this build has been killed" when it had in fact not.
And ES RF is definitely a type of build that GGG let people build on purpose.

You don't need to explain anything to me genius.

Like I said countless builds have been reduced to the trash bin in the past by nerfs you've advocated.

Let alone items.

For example I see you are already pushing for the complete removal of vaal pact and any form of instant leech. You dont seem to care that acuity will be complete garbage then, with their main stat not working at all.

You are just a hypocrite.

Besides if you knew anything about game mechanics you would know its possible to run rf with no regen.
Last edited by plodd on May 20, 2017, 3:18:23 AM
So you went for the baseless version I see, good job.

I will always be happy to play stuff that just has been "trashed" if we listen to QQers not capable of building anything by themselves.

In fact I am going to love playing an ES char next league.

Feel free to keep following the brainless QQ train with mostly people that have very little actual knowledge of the game.
Last edited by Fruz on May 20, 2017, 3:20:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info