PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

life and ES changes - feedback

The thing I dislike the most is the retarded amount of legacies which will be created by this nerf
All this can be done with a simple diminishing returns multiplier. No item changes, no tree changes, no discipline changes - nothing.

Something like that (value can be changed, 1.2% ES per 1 k or whatever is considered balanced)

Your NEW_ES = OLD_ES*(100-OLD_ES/1000)/100.

Basically for every 1k ES you have, you will get 1% reduction of total ES.

If you had 6000 ES, you will have 5640.

If you had 10000, you will have 9000.

If you had 15000, you will have 12750.

If you had 20000, you will have 16000.

If you had 25000, you will have 18750
Last edited by lordplenty on May 18, 2017, 5:29:32 AM
"
lordplenty wrote:
All this can be done with a simple diminishing returns multiplier. No item changes, no tree changes, no discipline changes - nothing.

Something like that (value can be changed, 1.2% ES per 1 k or whatever is considered balanced)

Your NEW_ES = OLD_ES*(100-OLD_ES/1000)/100.

Basically for every 1k ES you have, you will get 1% reduction of total ES.

If you had 6000 ES, you will have 5640.

If you had 10000, you will have 9000.

If you had 15000, you will have 12750.

If you had 20000, you will have 16000.

If you had 25000, you will have 18750

And the guy with the 80k es now "only" has....... ahh, I guess he's still fine. ^^
I think most ES players have 10k - 15k now means they would have 9k - 12,7k after a patch with your suggestion.
I really don't understand all the people crying like babies because I'm pretty sure that most of the es builds will still end up with a hp-pool >10k. That's a lot even without vp.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on May 18, 2017, 6:01:48 AM
10k ES and basic defences is enough to play reflect maps without leech. faster start of ES recharge + occultist is THAT strong

i even use doedres elixir on that char to top my charges. it is a faceroll. there is not much danger with buffer this big seriously

in fact im actually worried with their buffs to ES recharge base speed

imo ES will still remain the meta of choice for non leeching builds like ED or mines or traps or whatever just because of buffer and endless flasks (recharge)

anyone crying right now should reevaluate their build choices and think for a while WHY they have played ES with instant leech. maybe because that was the only way for them to succeed? with something as close to cheating as possible?
"
And the guy with the 80k es now "only" has....... ahh, I guess he's still fine. ^^
I think most ES players have 10k - 15k now means they would have 9k - 12,7k after a patch with your suggestion.
I really don't understand all the people crying like babies because I'm pretty sure that most of the es builds will still end up with a hp-pool >10k. That's a lot even without vp.

And the guy with the 80k es now "only" has 16k ES. 80k - 80k*0.8 =16k. From 50k Old_ES upwards you start to loose ES, so Max New_ES possible with this formula is 25k, but with impossible gear.

You have not read the dev manifesto - they WANT for 15k ES to be possible, with heavy investment. The problem are extreame ES builds. Also, ES<HP, so builds ending up with 10k CI ES or 10k EL are fine.
Last edited by lordplenty on May 18, 2017, 7:34:07 AM
ES is dead that sux, spent 100+ ex for gear recently that worth a couple chaos now
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
ES is dead that sux, spent 100+ ex for gear recently that worth a couple chaos now

ill buy it for 1ex. deal?
Why can't they just buff the shit outta life and leave ES as is
Yeah, ES changes look alright, if a bit overdone tbh. I'd rather them just remove instant leech altogether, drop Intelligence's %ES per 10 from 2% to 1%, and drop the ring/ammy %ES down by about half (because that's about what passive %ES nodes are compared to %ev or armor, %ES has gotten way better than it should from Int and jewelry). The rest of it (besides maybe the discipline change) shouldn't have been touched, imo. Getting rid of instant leech is going to do much more than GGG seems to think for nerfing ES.

And speaking of, the fact that VP is still going to exist for life is laughable. Again, GGG seems to be underestimating just how strong it is, and just how far people are willing to go to use it. Making VP only affect life does very little for the state of the game balance, it just shifts people from doing mass ES builds with VP to doing mass life builds with VP... same demon with a different face. Sure, you can't get quite as much life as you can ES, but who cares? For the most part you can get enough to not get one-shot, and that's all you need to keep your binary full-or-nothing life at full.

I'm pretty disappointed in these changes overall, simply because the continued existence of instant leech, even if only for life, means the game will continue to be balanced around one-shots.
Last edited by Shppy on May 18, 2017, 5:37:04 PM
The only think that can stop a insta-leech user is a insta-kill, aand insta-kill we'll have... :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info