Just for fun: what was the last PC game you bought in a store, physically, for reals?

I think it would've been the 2016 DOOM for me. The physical copy was actually cheaper than Steam's price, and still gave me a steam key. I also figured I wouldn't have to download as much. I only saved about 5gb s off the 50gb download, but it was worth a shot.

It's a really good game, by the way.
Balance & Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I think it would've been the 2016 DOOM for me. The physical copy was actually cheaper than Steam's price, and still gave me a steam key. I also figured I wouldn't have to download as much. I only saved about 5gb s off the 50gb download, but it was worth a shot.

It's a really good game, by the way.

SO many people have told me this. I have it sitting on the ps4 after some sale or another. Oddly, quite a few people have told me the music is particularly good, which surprises me a little. Shooters aren't really my thing but Doom is such a mainstay I couldn't ignore it.
What's the difference between the Eighth Circle of Hell and my ignore list? There's a slight chance you can get out of the Eighth Circle of Hell.

Between Wolcen and Warframe, my need for satisfying melee is no longer something PoE has to worry about. PEW PEW PEW PEW~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler
107742-EcoSaurus

That was the last game I bought from a store, though I'm sure it was with my parents money.

From then on it was hand me downs from my dad: Doom, Red Alert, Starcraft, Battlefield 1942.

Though, I still think of Eco-saurus to this day...
DOOM definitely surprised me in a good way, and the music was no exception.

Speaking of which, a game I wish I'd bought physically was NieR: Automata. Not only is it a stellar sci-fi character action game with fantastic writing and an incredible soundtrack, I found out later that apparently you could get a t-shirt if you bought a boxed copy.

I've been obsessed with that game lately. I want that t-shirt.
Balance & Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
For me it was Skyrim, and this will be very unpopular but I was disapointed didn't like Skyrim much.

edit: on a close topic, remember when video games you would buy came up in a huge box?

you had the CD in it, with a big game manual full of lore and artwork, Maps, figurines, shirts, huge ass wallpapper, mouse pad, even a notepad with the art of the game and all other things. The normal purchase of the game back then could put to shame any collector edtion of today. I miss those years.
Last edited by diablofdb on May 17, 2017 8:09:00 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
DOOM definitely surprised me in a good way, and the music was no exception.

Speaking of which, a game I wish I'd bought physically was NieR: Automata. Not only is it a stellar sci-fi character action game with fantastic writing and an incredible soundtrack, I found out later that apparently you could get a t-shirt if you bought a boxed copy.

I've been obsessed with that game lately. I want that t-shirt.

Ah, I watched an old friend play some NieR:Automata while I was in Tokyo a few months back. He recently attended a concert highlighting the music. I'm pretty envious.

What's the difference between the Eighth Circle of Hell and my ignore list? There's a slight chance you can get out of the Eighth Circle of Hell.

Between Wolcen and Warframe, my need for satisfying melee is no longer something PoE has to worry about. PEW PEW PEW PEW~~~~~~~~~
diablofdb wrote:
"
edit: on a close topic, remember when video games you would buy came up in a huge box?

you had the CD in it, with a big game manual full of lore and artwork, Maps, figurines, shirts, huge ass wallpapper, mouse pad, even a notepad with the art of the game and all other things. The normal purchase of the game back then could put to shame any collector edtion of today. I miss those years.

Oh yeah. Those were the days. Speaking of Skyrim, I bought the anniversary edition from Amazon a couple years ago and it came with maps and stuff.

Try Lazy Game Reviews on youtube for a dude that LOVES him some old boxes.
Wraeclast: Where no one smokes but everyone dies.
Icewind Dale, probably around 2002ish
D3 preordered, then picked up at EB games on release day :P
My apologies to all
"
Completed 16 Challenges鬼殺し wrote:
Yes, the goal of this thread was to make you all feel miserable about how old you really are.

Muahahahhahaha.

I've defined old to be my age + 1 year so i'm never old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info