Just for fun: what was the last PC game you bought in a store, physically, for reals?

I think it would've been the 2016 DOOM for me. The physical copy was actually cheaper than Steam's price, and still gave me a steam key. I also figured I wouldn't have to download as much. I only saved about 5gb s off the 50gb download, but it was worth a shot.

It's a really good game, by the way.
Balance & Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I think it would've been the 2016 DOOM for me. The physical copy was actually cheaper than Steam's price, and still gave me a steam key. I also figured I wouldn't have to download as much. I only saved about 5gb s off the 50gb download, but it was worth a shot.

It's a really good game, by the way.

SO many people have told me this. I have it sitting on the ps4 after some sale or another. Oddly, quite a few people have told me the music is particularly good, which surprises me a little. Shooters aren't really my thing but Doom is such a mainstay I couldn't ignore it.
Today's Handy Ruler Tip:

Resist commenting on stupid threads or posts -- All you're doing is giving CPR to that which is better left to die.
Spoiler
107742-EcoSaurus

That was the last game I bought from a store, though I'm sure it was with my parents money.

From then on it was hand me downs from my dad: Doom, Red Alert, Starcraft, Battlefield 1942.

Though, I still think of Eco-saurus to this day...
DOOM definitely surprised me in a good way, and the music was no exception.

Speaking of which, a game I wish I'd bought physically was NieR: Automata. Not only is it a stellar sci-fi character action game with fantastic writing and an incredible soundtrack, I found out later that apparently you could get a t-shirt if you bought a boxed copy.

I've been obsessed with that game lately. I want that t-shirt.
Balance & Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
For me it was Skyrim, and this will be very unpopular but I was disapointed didn't like Skyrim much.

edit: on a close topic, remember when video games you would buy came up in a huge box?

you had the CD in it, with a big game manual full of lore and artwork, Maps, figurines, shirts, huge ass wallpapper, mouse pad, even a notepad with the art of the game and all other things. The normal purchase of the game back then could put to shame any collector edtion of today. I miss those years.
Last edited by diablofdb on May 17, 2017 8:09:00 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
DOOM definitely surprised me in a good way, and the music was no exception.

Speaking of which, a game I wish I'd bought physically was NieR: Automata. Not only is it a stellar sci-fi character action game with fantastic writing and an incredible soundtrack, I found out later that apparently you could get a t-shirt if you bought a boxed copy.

I've been obsessed with that game lately. I want that t-shirt.

Ah, I watched an old friend play some NieR:Automata while I was in Tokyo a few months back. He recently attended a concert highlighting the music. I'm pretty envious.

Today's Handy Ruler Tip:

Resist commenting on stupid threads or posts -- All you're doing is giving CPR to that which is better left to die.
diablofdb wrote:
"
edit: on a close topic, remember when video games you would buy came up in a huge box?

you had the CD in it, with a big game manual full of lore and artwork, Maps, figurines, shirts, huge ass wallpapper, mouse pad, even a notepad with the art of the game and all other things. The normal purchase of the game back then could put to shame any collector edtion of today. I miss those years.

Oh yeah. Those were the days. Speaking of Skyrim, I bought the anniversary edition from Amazon a couple years ago and it came with maps and stuff.

Try Lazy Game Reviews on youtube for a dude that LOVES him some old boxes.
Wraeclast: Where no one smokes but everyone dies.
Icewind Dale, probably around 2002ish
D3 preordered, then picked up at EB games on release day :P
[quote="鬼殺し"]Pair, Peach, Prison, Pale, Prove. What do these words all have in common?

They fit nicely between 'Im' and 'Ment'.[/quote]
"
Completed 20 Challenges鬼殺し wrote:
Yes, the goal of this thread was to make you all feel miserable about how old you really are.

Muahahahhahaha.

I've defined old to be my age + 1 year so i'm never old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info