Utility Flask effect disappears before duration ends

Died to Fragment of Winter (Waterways Map Boss) a few minutes ago.
Trying to learn form my death I save the gameplay on video after death and analyse them.

What I saw was completely new for me.
I am playing a righteous fire build and had both my
Sapphire of Heat and my Ruby Flask of Staunching up with a remaining duration of 5 seconds (both are Experimenters).
When from one frame to the next all the flask effects (chill&freeze immune, sapphire flask, bleed immune, ruby flask) that where displayed with 5 seconds remaining the frame before disappear completely.
A fraction of a second after that the Fragement barrages me and I die soon after.
The 5 seconds remaining are about correct measurering from the the time of using the flasks.

Is there en effect in the game used by monsters that can remove flask effects? Never noticed that before.
Or is this a bug?
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 2:49:49 AM
As always, just look at what is different from the norm. Was the monster possessed? Look up the ghost. Was there an Essence monster? Look up the Essence.

For example: a monster possessed by a Tormented Thief will end all Flask effects upon hitting you.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
As always, just look at what is different from the norm. Was the monster possessed? Look up the ghost. Was there an Essence monster? Look up the Essence.

For example: a monster possessed by a Tormented Thief will end all Flask effects upon hitting you.

It was the Waterways Map Boss - Fragment of Winter.
It was not possesed nor a Essence Monster.
Displayed Traits are Resists Elemental Damage and Resists Chaos.

"
Steiner1 wrote:
Is there en effect in the game used by monsters that can remove flask effects?

Nullifier Nemesis.

Removes all Charges, Flasks and timed buffs (Fortify/Blood Rage/Molten Shell etc.) on hit.
"
Tarille wrote:
"
Steiner1 wrote:
Is there en effect in the game used by monsters that can remove flask effects?

Nullifier Nemesis.

Removes all Charges, Flasks and timed buffs (Fortify/Blood Rage/Molten Shell etc.) on hit.

Thanks - I didnt know this.
But that was not the issue in this case, at the only monster around when the effect happend was the Fragment of Winter Waterways Boss.
Any other idea if this can do that in some way - or if is a bug?
"
Steiner1 wrote:

But that was not the issue in this case, at the only monster around when the effect happend was the Fragment of Winter Waterways Boss.

You sure? Fragment of Winter Waterways Boss frequently spawns Rare ice golems, something like 3 or 4 per wave, with up to 3 or 4 waves, so something like 9 to 16 Rare ice golems. Are you sure it didn't spawn a Nullifier Ice Golem that hit you, then you killed that Nullifier ice golem in one hit?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Posting/linking the video would make it easier for the helpers to help you.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
adghar wrote:
"
Steiner1 wrote:

You sure? Fragment of Winter Waterways Boss frequently spawns Rare ice golems, something like 3 or 4 per wave, with up to 3 or 4 waves, so something like 9 to 16 Rare ice golems. Are you sure it didn't spawn a Nullifier Ice Golem that hit you, then you killed that Nullifier ice golem in one hit?

There was a wave of spawned Ice Golems that where killed 4-5 seconds before.
It seems to be a on hit effect from the Fragment of Winter itself as I loose a little life at the exact same moment the flask effect disappears.
I also gain a Debuff for 1 seconds that I dont know (and that is none of the listed ones in the Wiki).
So - yes I am sure that it was no Nullifier golem.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Posting/linking the video would make it easier for the helpers to help you.

I have never done this before - but I will try to make it happen on the weekend.
"
Steiner1 wrote:

I have never done this before - but I will try to make it happen on the weekend.

I found it really easy with YouTube!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info