Expecting a new Orb for 3.0? What kind of orb would you like to see?

The rarity of mirrors, and the amount of currency needed to craft mirror tier items are
limiting enough. No need to render the mirrored item useless after 1 use.
THis would most likely devalue the mirror of kalandra immensely.
If you could only mirror an item once, nobody would bother to craft mirror tier gear.
This is such a bad suggestion, bc really only very few people are affected by this at all.
Only a tiny tiny percentage of players even reach this level of currency to dabble in mirroring.
Before you address issues that affect the upper 1% of the playerbase, I would address more pressing issues.
Orb of Annihilation: Destroys an item of any rarity, saving 1 random mod that can be put on a rare item replacing 1 random mod said item has.
Orb of Masterful Craft (or something).

Adds a guaranteed T1 roll to an item. No other currency items other than socket rerolls can be used on this item (cant be vaaled, mirrored, scoured, chaosed).
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 12, 2017, 1:27:43 AM
pants orb -- give your character pants
Here is my orb ideas

Orb of Rage
Sentences the item to inevitable destruction by enraging its power to the limits.
Rarity: Chaos Orb x 10
Note: makes item 'Enraged' (just like Corrupted or Mirrored, its a additional state of an item). Once enraged, item increases all its numeric stats on 50% for 1st hour, on 100% for 2nd hour, and 300% on last 10 minutes; after 2 hours and 10 minutes after using the orb, item disappears forever. This orb should be nice to leveling. The idea of the orb is somewhat similar to 'Ethereal' items in Diablo 2.

Orb of Flux
Re-roll the links between sockets in the way that result will have one additional linked socket.
Rarity: Fusing Orb x 500
Note: cannot be used on item with 1 socket only, or item which already has all sockets linked. The result item gets random links (not added to existing linked group), e.g. 5 socket item with 2 linked sockets will get random 3 linked socket in result.

Orb of Purification
Purifies corrupted item.
Rarity: Vaal Orb x 50
Note: can be used only on Corrupted item, makes it become not corrupted without affecting anything else.

Orb of Appreciation
Grants master appreciation.
Rarity: Divine Orb x 50
Note: player uses orb directly on a forsaken master, who receives the Reputation and Favour amount of 10 times more as daily mission does.

Orb of Diversity
Re-rolls vendor items.
Rarity: Chaos Orb x 5
Note: player uses orb directly on a vendor, who gets all items re-rolled (just like we get it naturally every time player levels up).

Orb of Hide-in
Imprints hideout layout into Orb of Hide-out.
Rarity: Divine Orb x 5
Note: player uses orb directly on a portal inside very own hideout; this action destroys the orb itself and grants him another orb - Orb of Hide-out.

Orb of Hide-out
Builds hideout layout imprinted earlier with Orb of Hide-in.
Rarity: (never drops; the only way to get the orb is via Orb of Hide-in use)
Note: player uses orb directly on a portal inside very own hideout; if some item is not available to the player and it can be bought (so master has unlocked decoration and enough Favour points), player teleports to this new hideout (as a demo, just like we change hideouts with masters), there he can use teleport to 'Return' (cancel the action) OR 'Build' (to accept the layout, accept all additional Favour costs, and replace own hideout layout with this very new one).
"
Bars wrote:
Orb of FuckTheLab: grants ascendancy points.

best one so far
Unique Orb (rarity: Chaos orb)

Destroyes a unique item, capturing the primary affect of the item (Bleed explosion from Haemophilia, for example, Hits cannot be evaded from Ornament of the East, ect). The orb can then be socketed in another item (armor and weapon, respectively, using the above examples) as a support gem (white).

This could open up a huge host of possibilities (and a can of worms).

Orb of Min/Max (rarity: 20 CHaos)
Reduces all rolls for an item to their minimum values within the base roll (T1 remains T1, but with minimum possible values, ect). Corrupts item. Converts all sockets to white.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on May 12, 2017, 10:57:37 AM
Electrifying Orb- grants a random lightning related affix to a magic or rare item (+1 lightning gems, X% lightning resistance, X-XX lightning damage to spells/attacks, etc.)

Smouldering Orb- grants a random fire related affix to a magic or rare item

Chilling Orb- grants a random cold related affix to a magic or rare item

Putrid Orb- grants a random chaos related affix to a magic or rare item

Crushing Orb- grants a random physical related affix to a magic or rare item

Cracked Red Eye Orb- Ctrl clicking on the entrance of a zone will allow you to invade the instance of another player and flag you as hostile to all players in the instance

Orb of Might- 50% chance to duplicate the target item or completely destroy the target item. You might like it, you might rage quit.

Don't take my suggestions seriously, I'm killing time at work. ;)
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on May 12, 2017, 1:18:37 PM
"
Cracked Red Eye Orb- Ctrl clicking on the entrance of a zone will allow you to invade the instance of another player and flag you as hostile to all players in the instance
This was actually a league once, no joke. It worked.. very poorly if I recall, so I'm not surprised it didn't become a leagestone feature.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
This was actually a league once, no joke. It worked.. very poorly if I recall, so I'm not surprised it didn't become a leagestone feature.
I am aware of the cut throat event they had in the past. I did it to complete the achievement and then peaced out of that event.

It was more of a nod toward the Dark Souls series as that is the name of the orb you use to invade other worlds to PvP other people.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on May 12, 2017, 3:24:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info