Lightning Tendrils Trickster

Hey guys, wanting to get some feedback on a build I kind of gave up on because of indecisive thoughts. I will first say I know Trickster is not probably the best option for the highest damage possible, regardless if its crit or raw damage. I ultimately chose trickster because of its free movement spells, and tankier options. I think either witch elementalist or templar inquisitor are the ideal for the most damage for either situation. My question, is it possible if I just rerolled and went critical with around 60-70% critical strike chance and 400% or more multiplier overall would be better than what I have currently? I would use choir of storms btw for a replacement necklace if I went critical and that would be the biggest change in gear. I also considered going Templar as stated for critical for the elemental ignore which is huge but I believe with the staff having 20% pen already its a bit of a waste unless the penetration is added after the inquisitor passive, then thats a huge gain in damage. The problem with the build mainly is just inconsistent damage because its lightning and I believe with lightning damage its pretty much required to go critical. Any thoughts?

Gear, some of it is just filler gear (just something to kind of put on) until I figure out what exactly it is I want to do.
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAQHBLMI9AkgC2EPqxBYEQ8RLxXnFr8c3B8CH8ci9CSLJpUqOCsKK3gsnC2LMtE1kjbFOlg64TsNPAU8LT1fRUdFfEyzTeNQQlJTUzVUR1VLVcZWSFq5XfJh4mjyakNsC20Zc7N2EX6vgpuDX4PMg9uExYsOjDaNGY8akyeXlZeXl_SaO5u1nsSf36EvogCjo6ZXpr6nCKyYr2y3PrzqvorAVMBmwzrGrtWm2CTYvdlf3YzgEuvu7TzvfO_r8B_wa_JF_gr-jw==?accountName=ZACHWILDCAT&characterName=TickleMeTendril

Items werent showing up, had to fix it. (edit reason)

Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on May 8, 2017, 6:11:32 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 3:25:24 PM
I think the first thing I'd do is get a quality Faster Casting to swap out Echo.

As for the class, sure Elementalist would do it better damage wise, especially with the Lightning Golem buffing your cast speed that much and the free shocks etc.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
I think the first thing I'd do is get a quality Faster Casting to swap out Echo.

As for the class, sure Elementalist would do it better damage wise, especially with the Lightning Golem buffing your cast speed that much and the free shocks etc.

The reason I use spell echo is for the extra four cast's. I don't think the faster casting is going to be making much of a difference. I'm not sure how much cast speed is going to benefit, without buffs I'm already I believe around 40% increased cast speed, then with buff's and procs its about %50? So I'm just shy of %100 already without the increased casting gem.
Spell Echo is higher DPS but locks you in place longer. This is really a non-issue if you are picking up cast speed on tree/gear.
Fresh builds all day.
"
DarthPwn wrote:
Spell Echo is higher DPS but locks you in place longer. This is really a non-issue if you are picking up cast speed on tree/gear.

Yup, it locks you in place for a tad longer but you barely notice it with the amount of cast speed I already have. I hate how I can't get this to work, I believe critical is the only way to make this skill shine sadly. If you went critical with this, you would have to have a maxed out critical because if you don't crit on the initial cast, you don't crit at all.
Sadly if you go non-crit and non-doubledipping you simply won't have decent damage.
Fresh builds all day.
Before the Path of Building I did a lot of calculations using Excel table and Lightning Tendrils seemed to be horrible in dps. Using the PoB confirmed this, the maximum I got around 75k dps at level 6 and 6L with Empower level 4. :/
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
"
Before the Path of Building I did a lot of calculations using Excel table and Lightning Tendrils seemed to be horrible in dps. Using the PoB confirmed this, the maximum I got around 75k dps at level 6 and 6L with Empower level 4. :/

Why would you use level 6?
Fresh builds all day.
Ops, at level 100.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
"
Ops, at level 100.

75k DPS is incredibly low. I'm pretty sure I could make a better build with my eyes closed.

Lightning Tendrils isn't exactly a strong ability but I'm confident that it would be able to break 100k easily.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on May 16, 2017, 5:52:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info