How do close quarters es builds survive dying t1 maps 1.5k hp 3,5k es

I am following a build guide exactly yet I keep dying on s tier one map.

I don't understand how es characters do it. No armor, no evasion, big hits from mobs. The only build I have been able to play well is a zerker because the 100% health regen and vaal pact.

The character in question is Ariathana, I think I have my profile set to public I'm not sure. I wouldn't know how to do it. Casters just seem weak to me. Think I'm going to back to Diablo 3 even though I hate blizzard. I like ggg better, but this game is too hard and I don't understand it. It isn't noob or casual friendly.

Honestly I have had an easier time in dark souls then a es character.

Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017, 1:14:47 PM
I'm on mobile right now so it's a bit tough to look at your character details but it sounds like your solution should be relatively simple?

ES builds generally use Shavronne's Wrappings or go CI. In your case we can be 99.9% sure you need to take CI. CI is Chaos Inoculation which makes you immune to Chaos and grants extra ES but sets your maximum Life to 1.

Next, you need to make sure your elemental resists are capped (i.e. 75% all). Hopefully you've noticed the difficulty penalty in Merciless; 75% all resists in Normal (aka level 1 to 40 or so) is only 15% all resist in Merciless, which will definitely kill you. You need 135% in hideout to get 75% in Maps.

Next, buy gear with higher ES while keeping those resists.

That should increase your survivability a lot. CI/GR/VP is currently parroted around as the very strongest build type out there, and that requires a source of Leech (for newbs and lazy people like me that'd be the Life Leech gem), Stun protection, and high damage. If you miss one of these you will be very squishy.

By the way, Path of Exile definitely has a ton more stats to juggle than Dark Souls, but the player control needed is much less once you learn how to juggle those stats well :)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I'm on mobile right now so it's a bit tough to look at your character details but it sounds like your solution should be relatively simple?

ES builds generally use Shavronne's Wrappings or go CI. In your case we can be 99.9% sure you need to take CI. CI is Chaos Inoculation which makes you immune to Chaos and grants extra ES but sets your maximum Life to 1.

Next, you need to make sure your elemental resists are capped (i.e. 75% all). Hopefully you've noticed the difficulty penalty in Merciless; 75% all resists in Normal (aka level 1 to 40 or so) is only 15% all resist in Merciless, which will definitely kill you. You need 135% in hideout to get 75% in Maps.

Next, buy gear with higher ES while keeping those resists.

That should increase your survivability a lot. CI/GR/VP is currently parroted around as the very strongest build type out there, and that requires a source of Leech (for newbs and lazy people like me that'd be the Life Leech gem), Stun protection, and high damage. If you miss one of these you will be very squishy.

By the way, Path of Exile definitely has a ton more stats to juggle than Dark Souls, but the player control needed is much less once you learn how to juggle those stats well :)

My resists are almost capped. I think it might be stun. I'm using warlords mark with blasphemy and ghost reaver/vaal pact. I don't have any money for gear.

I can't take CI yet I need the life.
Last edited by AgentChaos360 on Apr 29, 2017, 11:57:55 PM
If its Jungle Valley and you are dying in the boss room, then you are dying to chaos damage.
Chaos Damage ignores your ES and you have very little life to defend against it.
You need to either go CI, Use Shavronne's Wrappings or Solaris Lorica, or max out your chaos Resists and have solid life regen.

Otherwise just farm Dried Lake for a bit to get currency to upgrade gear.
Last edited by sfbistimg on Apr 30, 2017, 12:20:54 AM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
If its Jungle Valley and you are dying in the boss room, then you are dying to chaos damage.
Chaos Damage ignores your ES and you have very little life to defend against it.
You need to either go CI, Use Shavronne's Wrappings or Solaris Lorica, or max out your chaos Resists and have solid life regen.

Otherwise just farm Dried Lake for a bit to get currency to upgrade gear.

no normal yellow mobs and such

I know what chaos damage looks like.
Hi,

you need to set your profile public so we can help you. I would suggest to farm dried lake making some currency (chaos recipe, ...) and buy better gear and change to CI then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info