PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Inquisitor vs Elementalist.

Flameblast Totems. I want to run sextanted Shaped Shore with double Beyond and Breach.

Afaik Resistances nullification on crit does not apply to Ignite, so mobs will still have their fire resistances against Ignite up and running. Just how much crit multy I need to quickly burn through high resistance bosses? I would still need to use Flammability or/and Ele weakness for actual damage? It kinda defeats the purpose of Inquisitor.

No doubt that Cast speed node is great and Incr. ele damage taken is awesome too. But you also have o use Elemental Proliferation Gem which is double dipping Less modifier that cripples damage even further.

Elementalist don't need crit for deeps, Elementalist can run extra support gem for More damage instead of Less damage, Elementalist gets better penetration against most things in the game without even using curses or support gems (Wise Oak + Mastermind of Discord), Elementalist gets Conflux. So is there any real reason to play old fart Inquisitor instead of cute sexy Elementalist unless I have crazy crit gear and jewels for oldman?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 29, 2017, 5:31:29 AM
Last bumped on May 1, 2017, 3:39:37 AM
This is all missing a pretty significant piece of context...what build? You're​ right about the drawbacks of inquis, but you use inquis for builds that don't care. If you want to be ignite focused, then yeah, elementalist is way better. You use inquis on builds that don't care much about ignite.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
All the goodies from The Wise Oak or Mastermind of Discord are useless with Ignites and the burning damage affected targets will take. It's Damage over Time (DoT) and penetration only works for hits dealing elemental damage.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 29, 2017, 4:56:27 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
This is all missing a pretty significant piece of context...what build? You're​ right about the drawbacks of inquis, but you use inquis for builds that don't care. If you want to be ignite focused, then yeah, elementalist is way better. You use inquis on builds that don't care much about ignite.

Flameblast Totems.

Didn't you made FB Totems Crit Inquisitor guide though?...

"
tomay wrote:
All the goodies from The Wise Oak or Mastermind of Discord are useless with Ignites and the burning damage affected targets will take. It's Damage over Time (DoT) and penetration only works for hits dealing elemental damage.

It's known facts. Why you remind about it?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 29, 2017, 5:33:32 AM
Because the facts seem to be unbeknownst to you...

Complaining about "old fart Inquistor" still having to apply Flammability and Elemental Weakness to get more damage from Ignites while "sexy Elemntalist gets better penetration against most things in the game without even using curses", ignoring the "known facts" that penetration is useless with Burning Damage.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 29, 2017, 6:18:37 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Because the facts seem to be unbeknownst to you...

Complaining about "old fart Inquistor" still having to apply Flammability and Elemental Weakness to get more damage from Ignites while "sexy Elemntalist gets better penetration against most things in the game without even using curses", ignoring the "known facts" that penetration is useless with Burning Damage.

I am talking about initial hit here.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 29, 2017, 7:11:52 AM
The Inquisitor's initial hit (if critical) ignores resistances, the Elementalist's initial hit penetrates resistances. Since mobs usually don't have any resistances Penetration is an advantage as it becomes a "more multiplier" whereas the Inquisitor shines against bosses with high resistances. Both are decent choices for Flameblast but ultimately the Inquisitor is probably more expensive when it comes to endgame gearing.

But in order to make effective use of Ignites both classes would depend on curses which the Elementalist is using anyway while the Inquisitor normally doesn't need them. So if you want to increase the burning damage from Ignites then Elementalist is the way to go. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Apr 29, 2017, 8:03:35 AM
I didn't expected this Thread to be such a one-sided discussion. Witch > Inquisitor, meh.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 29, 2017, 5:19:54 PM
That so?

I don't think it is clear cut. Many bosses do have 45% fire resistance, Discord penetrates 25% so for the rest the Witch still needs two curses and/or Fire Penetration (considering the greatly reduced curse effectiveness on bosses) and preferably The Wise Oak to increase the damage. The Inquisitor on the other hand is hammering it home with crit multi. In the end it's all about killing bosses (never mind the mobs which will be blown away in no time anyway) and where elemental resistances come into pay I see an advantage for the Inquisitor unless you can afford to turn your Elementalist into a crit monster.

Sure, you've already expressed your love for Elementalist (sexy) and your disgust for Inquisitor (old fart) but things are never that easy in Wraeclast. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Apr 29, 2017, 5:42:03 PM
If you want to take a look at the numbers for Flameblast totems in particular, read the breakdown in section 3 of my guide, where I compare my version to RaizQT's elementalist version. Basically the damage between the two is fairly similar, but inquis is more front loaded, more reliable and more damage. Inquis also gets faster clear and a tiny bit more defense. Elementalist is definitely easier to gear, but at good gear levels inquis comes out on top.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info