Path of Exile State of the Game (Legacy League 2.6)

One player's opinion about the current state of the game, covering the good, the problems and the potential:
http://www.requnix.com/path-exile-state-game-legacy-league-2-6
All that and a bag of chips!
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017, 11:31:58 AM
Whew, glad he's not in charge of anything PoE related
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 28, 2017, 1:35:47 PM
"
GooberM wrote:

+1

Sometime I read some suggestion in the forum and people talk about the game they act like if they know more about the game than everyone else, and then write a whole blog about it. But then you see they fail to understand basic mechanics in video games such as... death penality and why it exist. When you can't even understand such a very basic mechanic you just shown you don't know a lot about video games design.
Last edited by diablofdb on Apr 28, 2017, 1:44:10 PM
This guy.

Also, I never liked when authors of articles just dumped a link to their page. If you want us to read your opinions on "the state of the game", then actually write them here (or you know, even just copy and paste them into your post). Otherwise, it comes across as a tacky grab for hits.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Apr 28, 2017, 2:01:24 PM
All I read was "death mechanics are bad because they are bad" . There are death penalties in every game it's all about risk and reward. You can't really even whinge about stuff like xp penalties for standard when the price you pay for death in hardcore is a restart if you're all about hardcore.
Xp penalties are generous in standard, yes it sets you back but the whole point is that it is punishing you for not being well equipped.

As for the whining about labyrinth to progress your charactor???? Pls there are things like this in every game - usually advanced quests which is how you can view lab.

Just my 2 cents and I agree with the crappy plug post on the forums for a discussion not your website link.

Pce
Stopped reading at death penalty and guild crap.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thanks for saving me the trouble of clicking.
I'm going to have to agree with what most of the post was about. The death aspect I totally don't agree with. There has to be a balance between risk/reward and I think that GGG has hit it spot on.

The rest...

I 100% absolutely agree. Just my opinion from someone who's played for several years and seen how the game has evolved since closed beta.
"
GooberM wrote:

+1
"
GooberM wrote:

this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info