How much life do you need to facetank bosses?

I have 8k life right now with full ele resist but it I'm still getting one hit by some bosses. I see some guy on youtubee named dismantle time having 14.5k life. Can you really achieve that?
Last bumped on May 11, 2017, 10:04:13 AM
"
dovahkiin07 wrote:
I see some guy on youtubee named dismantle time having 14.5k life. Can you really achieve that?

wat
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Life builds in 2017 LUL
There are some hits you won't be able to tank regardless of how much life you have, it would be silly if that wasn't the case as everyone would just aim for that threshold and become invincible.

Additionally, your life pool is just a part of your tankability. Overcapped ele res, phys reduction, regen, leech etc all play a role.
If you want to survive, direct hits, example shaper kamehameha. all you need is around 3k life and outleech its dmg with millions of dps.

There is a vid, oftentimes posted on forums, of one guy doing exactly what i described.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
dovahkiin07 wrote:
I have 8k life right now with full ele resist but it I'm still getting one hit by some bosses. I see some guy on youtubee named dismantle time having 14.5k life. Can you really achieve that?

You can't get 14.5k. I think with a legacy Kaom's you max out at about 13.5k. Still not enough on some bosses I'm afraid.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
dovahkiin07 wrote:

You can't get 14.5k. I think with a legacy Kaom's you max out at about 13.5k. Still not enough on some bosses I'm afraid.

Dismantle had 14.5k with a legacy Kaom's. Standard gear, of course.

You can have a total of 13-14k combined hitpoints (life + mana) with a non-legacy Kaom, Pledge of Hands, MoM build. I've done it. This doesn't help you facetank all bosses, though. Uber Atziri is impossible to facetank with any kind of normal build, the flameblast is an avoid or die proposition. Some builds can survive one flameblast, but she often stacks 2-3 at once. Also, there's a huge difference between "this boss can't oneshot me" and "I can facetank". You need sustain for facetanking, not simply a high hitpoint pool.

All that being said, the easiest and most universal method to facetanking nearly everything in the game is a high-ES pathfinder with a Vinktar flask. A max block/spell block aegis aurora build can facetank most things in the game consistently and without depending on flasks, but damage over time is unblockable, so it's not a universal solution. There are also single hits heavy enough to oneshot block builds.

Last but not least, apart from the Uber Atziri flameblast, if there's a detonate dead totem, a detonate dead strongbox, Na'em or Alira and a sufficiently beefy boss body on the ground, good luck surviving the explosion. This is what quite a few high-ES builds have died to.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 27, 2017, 5:19:40 AM
This gaem is totally not about facetanking - look for clever defences and kiting skills, not for maximum HP.

Btw such figures achievable on ES builds, but it doesn't help much.
Last edited by tm10067 on Apr 27, 2017, 5:55:01 AM
Theres some streamer that has an archer that gets 16k hp...

Ive tried to max out an hp char with nothing but hp nodes and maxed hp gear and i dont think it even hit 10k

You can facetank to a point if your max block with like 4.5k hp but you will get hit sooner or later so im not sure it really counts (did this one a guardian least league and couldnt kill it because it would 1 hit me when block fucked me over... and that was alot)
"
Lynerus wrote:
Theres some streamer that has an archer that gets 16k hp...

Ive tried to max out an hp char with nothing but hp nodes and maxed hp gear and i dont think it even hit 10k

You can facetank to a point if your max block with like 4.5k hp but you will get hit sooner or later so im not sure it really counts (did this one a guardian least league and couldnt kill it because it would 1 hit me when block fucked me over... and that was alot)

4.5 hp is super low, with or without block. IMO you need 6k with fortify for endgame conditions.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 27, 2017, 8:10:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info