Pohx's death - OPPS

"
Randomzx wrote:
So why is it that Blood Magic doesn't work with Chaotic Innoculation, but that affixes is allowed to work?

Seriously, there's tons of inconsistent design decision in this game.

They are two completely different mechanics. The reason blood magic doesn't work with CI is that you can't use a skill that costs more mana that you have, or in this case costs more life than you have, right? If I have 1 mana, and a skill costs, 2, I can't use it and have -1 mana can I?
U MAD?
what level was he? I feel bad for the guy.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Randomzx wrote:
So why is it that Blood Magic doesn't work with Chaotic Innoculation, but that affixes is allowed to work?

They are two completely different mechanics. The reason blood magic doesn't work with CI is that you can't use a skill that costs more mana that you have, or in this case costs more life than you have, right? If I have 1 mana, and a skill costs, 2, I can't use it and have -1 mana can I?

No its just plain disabled, otherwise blood magic auras would work with it.
Happened to me this league as well. Right when i switched to CI, bought all the expensive gear and
went into my HO for testing to get the character map ready. Even made a thread about it.
The scary thing is that i still don´t watch closely enough when i have a CI character that uses a manaflask. That needs to be etched into my brain.
This is a beautiful example of terrible game design. What value does that have to a player? Yeah we don't want to code in that you can't die in your hideout by disabling things like blood magic on CI or flasks.

Just terrible.

I'm sure plenty of forum white knights will be like "yo git gud."
Deliver pain exquisite
Oddly enough, even though it happened to me and i felt plenty of salt that day, I think that it adds some sort of weight to your decisions and to your character in this game.
It doesn´t make flasks something to take for granted, if you take the wrong flask it can kill you.
Kinda makes sense too. Mindlessly chugging down potions without looking at what they actually do
should cost you. That´s something that adds, even if unintended, a sense of seriousness to it all.
You´re never safe in Wraeclast , not even in your own HO. You can die even there.
Other games have safe zones on safe zones. This game has Cities and that´s it.
You can die everywhere else. If you aren´t paying attention or flat out don´t know about this, well trust me you´re gonna know after the fact. And you better remember it too.

Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 26, 2017, 7:36:56 PM
"
Mindlessly chugging down potions without looking at what they actually do
should cost you. That´s something that adds, even if unintended, a sense of seriousness to it all.

ITS IN YOUR FACKING HIDEOUT
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"

So? you could probably die in HO because of Writhing Jar too, should we delete that unique because OMGSORAGEMUCHANGER?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
"

So? you could probably die in HO because of Writhing Jar too, should we delete that unique because OMGSORAGEMUCHANGER?

NO YOU DISABLE DYING IN YOUR HIDEOUT LIKE A RESPONSIBLE GAME DEVELOPER... FFS. ITS BAD AND LAZY GAME DESIGN NOTHING MORE. OMG LOOK HOW HC AND CHALLENGING THIS GAME IS THAT YOU CAN DIE IN A HIDEOUT... WOW

#facepalm
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Randomzx wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Randomzx wrote:

No its just plain disabled, otherwise blood magic auras would work with it.
Actually It's not disabled. Life Reservation specifically is disabled because it used to not be and you could reserve 49% of your life and still have it with CI due to rounding.

And even then it's technically not disabled, you just can't reserve an amount of life equal to your total.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Apr 27, 2017, 5:20:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info