Ultra Rare Economy

"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Y
There are tons of different strategies out there for getting rich

None of which involve actually playing the game, which is stupid. I've made about 20-25 exalt -ish this league by playing and selling. That is absolutely trivial compared to the currency you make flipping and ripping people off and sniping.

IMO it's the worst aspect of the game.

Chancing every sorc boots I find too and nada. Even decent chests are worthless unless 6 linked. SO ya, OP has a point. You can play for hours and get nothing but small currency and yellows for chaos recipe. It's taxing on your patience and makes you wonder why you even bother.

I'm with you on this, having to go to that ad trap poe.trade kills any idea of flipping for me. Why there is not an auction house i will never know(gives us chinas basic ah with poe trade and we should be good)

It's literally the exact same thing only you have to go meet the person. How is poe.trade any different then say the ah in wow? make it all buyouts and add a mailbox and ingame interface and trading woudl actually be fun and might be something you do for a minute or two in between maps.

Then again, just like uberlab, the profit comes partially from doing something others despise doing. If it's a coding nightmare, ok i can understand that. Just dont tell me its because of the effect on the game, when if anything prices would rise on low end things. In a world where you can buy 30 of something that gotta a bit cheap and vaal and pray i would think lots of low end things would actually skyrocket, not plummet.

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Apr 26, 2017, 7:22:45 AM
agreed with op but most players are part timer or neglect their family in order to play 6+ hours days.

That s the crowd you talk with. GGG cater to them that s why you need that much to farm gear in this game.

It s not a game for family caring men or big workers. Most take weekends to play start of league instead of going out with their Gf/wife.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Hey guys, I'm going to give my own feedback on this topic.

Look, I got lucky by chancing Skyforth 3 weeks ago. I say lucky yeah, but since I have been chancing items since beta (which means thousands of Leather Belts/agates/gavels etc...)without any result, some people will call it is just payback.

But still, lets pretend I got lucky, then I got the goal to get a HeadHunter.
Tried to chance thousands of belts thinking that RNGesus was on my side this league and you know what? I failed.

Then I asked myself If I really wanted this item, since I did, I decided to FARM it.

I spent 10 days of farming (around 100h playtime in total)to get the 80 EX.
I did this by x2 chaos recipe and by using a fast clear speed build.
Was step by step, didn't get any big item drop, I was just getting max profit of each of my income.

Result of that: 100h playtime --> 80 Exalts farmed as the lowest RNG farm capabilities (recipe), looks like this 1 EX-ish/hour is not that far and not exactly a myth, right?

I have a 30 people guild who can speak about my journey to HH, trust me, this game is about luck, ok right, but if you know the game well, you can afford to be unlucky. Then, when luck strike, you are on the top.

Knowledge > Luck in PoE, that's it.

Stream : twitch.tv/squallionX
Currently playing : None
"
Head_Less wrote:
agreed with op but most players are part timer or neglect their family in order to play 6+ hours days.

That s the crowd you talk with. GGG cater to them that s why you need that much to farm gear in this game.

It s not a game for family caring men or big workers. Most take weekends to play start of league instead of going out with their Gf/wife.

Stop Hack and slash games, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Assuming that most players are bad IRL persons make you THE bad one.

Did you ear what is a passion?

People spend XXXX hours in reading, watching shows, series or documentaries etc.... But people spending time for games are people neglecting their families?

You are the one neglecting human being in a whole thing with this type of comment.

EDIT: 1500ish posts on forum in 2 years.... try to farm strands instead you will see that your family is not going to be neglected still. :^)
Stream : twitch.tv/squallionX
Currently playing : None
Last edited by SquallionX on Apr 26, 2017, 9:31:21 AM
I like that there is a few uber rare items around, its like a holy grail that if your very luck you might find some day, however im also glad that most of those are completely unnecessary for 99% of builds
I dont see any any key!
"
ClickerPro wrote:
I'm curious what the design mindest was to make so many build enabling unique's more or less unattainable beyond having pure dumb luck?

At the onset of PoE the idea was to make every build require 1-3 uniques with special abilities but rare's would be the dominant gear type. And I feel you have accomplished that. But when jewel's like Primordial Might and boots like Skyforth's are so hard to find and even harder to purchase, I question what I'm suppose to do in the face of that kind of adversity as a new or returning player.

I know from 650'ish hours that I'll get it eventually if I focus solely on that one item. But do you really want me spending 100 hours in a league trying to get a single item? I mean obviuosly you want me to play the game for 100 hours, but after that much time of just getting fuck all I really don't feel like I'm going to accomplish much else. I spent over a hundred hours in essence with almost nothing to show for it, trying to get a single Carcassjack.

The point is I really want to do something other than fire totem on a league start, or some cheeky build that requires no unique's to work and doesn't even really get better with unique's. Because unless it's a unique that is more akin to the plague, I will likely never find it myself. Which means I have to resort to getting currency from poe.trade, which means I need perfect rares, which is more dumb luck.

I want to earn my stuff, I just don't want to feel so defeated when it's been 100 hours and I don't have much of shit to show for it when people who play just as much as me have 30Ex and perfect gear. Fuck those people.

TL;DR I'm frustrated at either A)How unreasonably unlucky I am, or B) How rare every strong unique in the game is. I'd rather them ruin the economy and up the drop rates of ultra rare uni's.

Here is how you get rich in the game:

If you have a moral compass => Shitbucket the first week of league and lock down the market on in demand goods by running the build that will get you to endgame day one or two, earn massive profits before prices stabilize

If you don't have a moral compass => Flip and scam your way to success throughout the league

If you are unwilling to do either of those then welcome to the candy store window where most people spend their time looking at the awesome builds they CAN have but likely never will.

I know that feeling of frustration well, it hits me every league I play when I optimize my build and any improvements come at the cost of 30+ex. I also know since I didn't shitbucket that league I won't really have a chance to get those. The game is designed to reward those who treat it as a job.

Whether this is a smart decision in the long run, I don't think so. I play this game to have fun and not to be reminded how closely its economy mirrors the shithole that is the American economy with it laughable wealth gap.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Apr 26, 2017, 10:05:09 AM
"
"
ClickerPro wrote:
I'm curious what the design mindest was to make so many build enabling unique's more or less unattainable beyond having pure dumb luck?

At the onset of PoE the idea was to make every build require 1-3 uniques with special abilities but rare's would be the dominant gear type. And I feel you have accomplished that. But when jewel's like Primordial Might and boots like Skyforth's are so hard to find and even harder to purchase, I question what I'm suppose to do in the face of that kind of adversity as a new or returning player.

I know from 650'ish hours that I'll get it eventually if I focus solely on that one item. But do you really want me spending 100 hours in a league trying to get a single item? I mean obviuosly you want me to play the game for 100 hours, but after that much time of just getting fuck all I really don't feel like I'm going to accomplish much else. I spent over a hundred hours in essence with almost nothing to show for it, trying to get a single Carcassjack.

The point is I really want to do something other than fire totem on a league start, or some cheeky build that requires no unique's to work and doesn't even really get better with unique's. Because unless it's a unique that is more akin to the plague, I will likely never find it myself. Which means I have to resort to getting currency from poe.trade, which means I need perfect rares, which is more dumb luck.

I want to earn my stuff, I just don't want to feel so defeated when it's been 100 hours and I don't have much of shit to show for it when people who play just as much as me have 30Ex and perfect gear. Fuck those people.

TL;DR I'm frustrated at either A)How unreasonably unlucky I am, or B) How rare every strong unique in the game is. I'd rather them ruin the economy and up the drop rates of ultra rare uni's.

Here is how you get rich in the game:

If you have a moral compass => Shitbucket the first week of league and lock down the market on in demand goods by running the build that will get you to endgame day one or two, earn massive profits before prices stabilize

If you don't have a moral compass => Flip and scam your way to success throughout the league

If you are unwilling to do either of those then welcome to the candy store window where most people spend their time looking at the awesome builds they CAN have but likely never will.

I know that feeling of frustration well, it hits me every league I play when I optimize my build and any improvements come at the cost of 30+ex. I also know since I didn't shitbucket that league I won't really have a chance to get those. The game is designed to reward those who treat it as a job.

Whether this is a smart decision in the long run, I don't think so. I play this game to have fun and not to be reminded how closely its economy mirrors the shithole that is the American economy with it laughable wealth gap.

this is pretty accurate

getting ahead early in the league (first few day preferably or at least week one) is key to making money long run
I dont see any any key!
In essence I made the majority of my currency from mapping, in the last month and a half of the league or so. From leveling my bv to 100, only mapping, I had enough currency to buy a headhunter, which I did at around level 98 or so, ended up selling it and bought a 610 ish ES shield and derped the rest of the currency away.

Making money from mapping is most certainly perfectly viable, maybe not the most efficient way but mapping efficiently and not screwing around is key.
As a player with a full time job that actually plays the game and doesn't flip or anything: You can make more money in PoE than most people in this thread make it look like.

It is perfectly feasable to get between 1.5-2Ex per hour farming maps on a decent build. Doesn't even have to be some super meta build or spamming Strands only or whatever. You just need to know what you are doing and actually focus on it.

Also @OP: Most build enabling uniques are expensive? What? The unique gear you need for 99% of all builds has never been this cheap in PoE. Basically all decent uniques cost between 1 and 20C these days. The only really expensive item that is actually "build enabling" and not a luxury I can think of right now is Shavs as you cannot really play low life without it. Then again low life is usually a luxury version of other available builds. I mean even the league specific uniques that might be expensive in Standard are cheap as hell in Legacy right now. I made sure to buy a copy of anything I could possibly imagine using in a future build.

The actual money sinks usually are good rare items.
Anyone planning to buy a shavs or headhunters or anything like it better be no-lifeing that first week or two. If you can't play the league during the first month, good luck getting what you need. Be prepared to farm boring content really fast with the cheapest speed build you can get and get friendly with that chaos reccipe.

Also realize that the unique you are chasing is going to get nerfed in the next couple of leagues and all your work will be garbage sitting in a stash tab. I hope you enjoy it for the month you get to use it if you have a life outside of path
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info