Ultra Rare Economy

"
If you want to "earn your stuff"... great. I do that too. Just don't expect to compare your results to someone who has a different code of ethics. It would be like the corner deli comparing itself to McDonalds. There's room in this world for both.

Mind blown, truly, it all makes sense now.

Please enlighten me on what ethics you are talking about. lol

Anyway, I honestly didn't mean for the post to sound so whiney but obviuosly it came out that way. I just meant what the hell do you do when you spend what you consider to be your limit of time trying to get something. Rerolling doesn't take long. Will probably be even faster in 3.0, I'm not broken or anything. I dont' want to quit nor will I anytime soon. I just want a better option than re-rolling.

And to all the SSF guys. I troly comend what you do, It must be hard. I jsut personally have no desire to play that way. I love min/maxing and trivializing stuff. Which I've done plenty of times. Its not like I've never had a decent build of my own. It's just very frustrating getting there. If I were self found I would be resigned to the fact that my gear would suck from the get go and I'd be excited when I found average shit. But the base game wasn't built around that, and whether you play SSF or not, you know that is a true and accurate statement.
Why are you wasting time posting here then? Get back to work.
"
Why are you wasting time posting here then? Get back to work.

I hate you. lol

I wrote this big ass paragraph raging at you for using the word ethic cause it's the internet and words like that are baseless. But then I realized it's the internet and me raging at you was probably baseless.

I went outside and cleaned up my pool some, took out the trash, ate a hot pocket and realized my problem. For the first time in my PoE life I started playing in the middle of a league. So I opted to just stay in standard. Problem solved, go play league. If I don't have anything, everything I get is special.
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Y
There are tons of different strategies out there for getting rich

None of which involve actually playing the game, which is stupid. I've made about 20-25 exalt -ish this league by playing and selling. That is absolutely trivial compared to the currency you make flipping and ripping people off and sniping.

IMO it's the worst aspect of the game.

Chancing every sorc boots I find too and nada. Even decent chests are worthless unless 6 linked. SO ya, OP has a point. You can play for hours and get nothing but small currency and yellows for chaos recipe. It's taxing on your patience and makes you wonder why you even bother.

depends on what you mean by "playing the game"

I dont see any any key!
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Y

None of which involve actually playing the game, which is stupid. I've made about 20-25 exalt -ish this league by playing and selling. That is absolutely trivial compared to the currency you make flipping and ripping people off and sniping.

Chancing every sorc boots I find too and nada. Even decent chests are worthless unless 6 linked. SO ya, OP has a point. You can play for hours and get nothing but small currency and yellows for chaos recipe. It's taxing on your patience and makes you wonder why you even bother.

Well that is just downright false. There are plenty of ways to make more than enough money for what OP is complaining about... just by playing the game! No, you aren't gonna finish the league with a stack of mirrors without at least taking some time to focus on trading only, but you can make more than enough by playing smart...
U MAD?
None of those uniques are required build enablers. They're just really powerful. Don't confuse those two things.
as someone who doesn't flip i can confirm you can make money by simply playing the game and being efficient on how you play. i can literally make 10 exalts a day just by running shape strands as fast and effectively as possible. this league alone i was able to snag a shavs+skyforth+sitting on over 20 exalt in the bank just by literally grinding the game out. i lost money on every transaction i purchased and always sold things quick and cheap just to get currency. what this league has taught me the most is value your time and don't fart around in town. alc your shaped strand, equip whatever leaguestones (i havent purchased any), and you'll be making 50-100 chaos an hour off raw currency let alone rare drops you can sell for 10c-exalt(s).
Last edited by kektup on Apr 25, 2017, 7:00:52 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Y

depends on what you mean by "playing the game"

clearing maps, and killing monsters of course. Sadly that's not how you get rich and I have no idea why most of the player base + the GGG is fine with that.

Economy> everything else apparently. affix rolls are tighly weighted to roll GARBAGE and good uniques nearly never drop. Go forbid it was different, might effect the precious economy.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 25, 2017, 7:30:03 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Y

Well that is just downright false. There are plenty of ways to make more than enough money for what OP is complaining about... just by playing the game! No, you aren't gonna finish the league with a stack of mirrors without at least taking some time to focus on trading only, but you can make more than enough by playing smart...

Lets not play semantics please. I already said I've made made some 20-25 exalt or over 2000 chaos-ish this league. Enough to roll any build out there not involving Skyforths or Headhunter. I also already said that is chump change compared to the currency you make playing economy simulator 2017.

900+ ES chests, 600 ES shields etc are out of your reach if you don't scam, snipe and flip.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 25, 2017, 7:31:00 PM
"Getting rich" is subjective. 20 exalts in a league very much counts as rich to me.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info