Experience Pause

Read a couple of posts this am that motivated me to post this idea.
Xp Loss is part of the game and not a bad thing though it can be frustrating at times.

One of those times comes when you are lvl 85+ and get tired of grinding or farming and want to do some challenging stuff. Ie Shaper, Uber guardaians etc. Or maybe you have this insane iq/ir corrupt map that you know your gonna rip but can't help yourself and want to play it anyways!
You have 2 realistic choices finish your current level which may be anywhere from a couple hours to a day depending on how much you play and how high you are.
Or accept the fact your gonna lose LOTS of progress towards the next level along with the currency you spent rolling those maps, which can get substantial post 90.

Here is my solution
Have a way to toggle off xp gain and xp loss. Freezing your bar where it is.

It would also have to freeze gems leveling or else it would be abusive.

It would have to be turned on/off before rolling or generating the map to prevent boss zerging at the end.

Im sure there are some other loop holes that would need to be prevented but overall I think it would enhance the game experience without a downside. You can choose to either progress through content or grind levels would break the monotony.
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 7:40:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1+ Sounds like a great idea for me
People aren't playing that content (Shaper, Guardians, uber Atziri) to grind XP, so this essentially *does* make them "risk-proof".
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
People aren't playing that content (Shaper, Guardians, uber Atziri) to grind XP, so this essentially *does* make them "risk-proof".

The idea is just to allow ppl to play high risk content without having a gain a lvl first, right now ppl can only play this kind of content right after a lvling or risk loose a huge ammount of XP
All rewards, no risk. I don't see this happening ever. It's already good that you can't lose a level with deaths.
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

The idea is just to allow ppl to play high risk content without having a gain a lvl first, right now ppl can only play this kind of content right after a lvling or risk loose a huge ammount of XP

Right... but then there is no risk...
U MAD?
"
Namcap wrote:
All rewards, no risk. I don't see this happening ever. It's already good that you can't lose a level with deaths.

That would be so cool. :D
I'd support this, but with a few exceptions...

• Switch can ONLY be used in player-supplied maps, hence it could be added to the map device. As such, can not use during regular progression. Has to be risks involved in Act boss battles.

• Switch is disabled at level 90. At level 90 the switch would be disabled, and XP gain/loss would function just as it does right now. There needs to be risk involved in grinding to 100 to protect those who endured that progression already. This is a per-character basis, and overrides grouping below...

• For grouping, the switch affects all in that group. So no tug-boating lower level characters through to grind XP.

• Switch also affects gems: if XP gain disabled, then disabled for both character and gem leveling.

• Switch is disabled for unique maps, the Labyrinth (all difficulties), Apex of Sacrifice, Alluring Abyss, Pale Court, Tier 16 maps (Guardians of the Void), and the Shaper's Realm.

• Switch is disabled in any Hardcore league (because it's pointless).

This would help grind out league challenges while pausing the XP grind. For example, if a player gets a Unique, unIDed Tier 15 map, but is doing Tier 12 for progression, they could pause XP gain/loss, run the Tier 15 to complete the challenge, then resume XP gain/loss on their next map.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 24, 2017, 1:28:52 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Right... but then there is no risk...

Just after gaining a lvl there's no risk either...

and just after gaining a lvl you CAN gain exp, with exp pause on you can't
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I'd support this, but with a few exceptions...

• Switch can ONLY be used in player-supplied maps, hence it could be added to the map device. As such, can not use during regular progression. Has to be risks involved in Act boss battles.

• Switch is disabled at level 90. At level 90 the switch would be disabled, and XP gain/loss would function just as it does right now. There needs to be risk involved in grinding to 100 to protect those who endured that progression already. This is a per-character basis, and overrides grouping below...

• For grouping, the switch affects all in that group. So no tug-boating lower level characters through to grind XP.

• Switch also affects gems: if XP gain disabled, then disabled for both character and gem leveling.

• Switch is disabled for unique maps, the Labyrinth (all difficulties), Apex of Sacrifice, Alluring Abyss, Pale Court, Tier 16 maps (Guardians of the Void), and the Shaper's Realm.

• Switch is disabled in any Hardcore league (because it's pointless).

This would help grind out league challenges while pausing the XP grind. For example, if a player gets a Unique, unIDed Tier 15 map, but is doing Tier 12 for progression, they could pause XP gain/loss, run the Tier 15 to complete the challenge, then resume XP gain/loss on their next map.

You have a point... I agree with almost everyting, but I'd like to run high lvl maps to practice...
Maybe with all rewards disabled (including item drops)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info