GGG are you happy with participation levels for SSF?

I wonder if GGG considers the work they did to implement SSF worth it, based on the participation level they've seen.

The number I would like to see is the % of characters created that chose to start flagged SSF.
Last edited by Qiox on Apr 23, 2017, 10:55:46 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 3:28:01 AM
"Participation levels" don't matter a lick. They could be 90% or 10% of the player base and it shouldn't affect their opinions about it.

They have committed to making their game support both playstyles and they need to keep that commitment.
Look at leaderboards. It's obvious none is waiting for this whatsoever unless they get their increased drop rates (Check feedback forum for countless of whiny posts)
I agree that the question isn't the right one to ask. GGG are trying to create a game environment that gives people a reason to keep coming back, and keep spending money. Coming back is the most important part, because if you're not playing, then you're definitely not spending.

Not everything added to the game has to be for everyone, all the time. It's a good feature, it probably didn't cost them much, and it improves the game overall. My guess is that if even 5% of the playerbase tries it even once, it was 'worth it' for them. Even if that meant trying it and opting out at level 50.
We also don't know the whole story. It might have been a requirement for the Xbox port to go through.
"
Miská wrote:
Look at leaderboards. It's obvious none is waiting for this whatsoever unless they get their increased drop rates (Check feedback forum for countless of whiny posts)

So....7 threads of QQ is all of a sudden a proof that none would be waiting for this if the drop rate wouldn't get boosted? What....?

Most games put in feedback section for people to vent, nobody couldn't care less what's going on there unless you have several pages of the subsection spammed with identical requests or ''feedback''

The SSF league was created simply because it most likely cost them nothing, the hardest part was probably figuring out the party/trading block and stash transfers, and once that is figured out, all they got to do for future leagues is to just add that tiny button on both temp leagues.
No rest for the wicked.
The SSF Questions i have for GGG:

1) What % of characters created on SSF remain SSF after level 70?

2) What are the top 10 skills used in SSF?

3) For those that create a SSF character, how much of their playtime is spent there opposed to League or Standard play?

**** Not a question for GGG but i would be interested to know from SSF players which orbs in particular are used the most and those that are too rare that prevent you from progressing ****
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Personally

1) 100%
2) Not sure... too small of a sample. Loving Orb of Storms/Flame Blast Totem combo.
3) 100%
"
D3izhistory wrote:
The SSF Questions i have for GGG:

1) What % of characters created on SSF remain SSF after level 70?

2) What are the top 10 skills used in SSF?

3) For those that create a SSF character, how much of their playtime is spent there opposed to League or Standard play?

**** Not a question for GGG but i would be interested to know from SSF players which orbs in particular are used the most and those that are too rare that prevent you from progressing ****

Well... For me, it's the only way I play. It's also how I played before SSF so... Yeah.

As far as orbs go... Most used is probably Chrom's. Via Vorici's bench. BE THE GOD DAMN COLOURS I WANT!

Least used? Uhh... Exalt. I have 1. That's it. 1. Don't know if I'll even find something worth using it on before the end of the league...

On Topic:

They're probably happy about participation levels. Whatever they may be. I mean, it shouldn't have been too difficult to implement, mostly just adding in the different stash and the ability to migrate to non-SSF and making the new Siosa vendor would be the main things that they probably needed to actually work on.

It's also likely that they actually thought about making SSF based on the numbers they had of people who never partied up. Meaning it's quite likely they knew about the numbers they were doing it for, before they did it.

Now that it's in place, it shouldn't be any bother to maintain either. Maybe it'll give them thought about SSF players when they make new content (Like, they said that Siosa selling all the gems was just a placeholder for an NPC that's coming in FoO who'd sell them instead. Likely with access to your Stash so it's not a PITA to buy stuff)
Leaderboards for all of them have 750 pages, appears most everyone on those 750 pages is a decent level except for a few leagues... I would say people are playing SSF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info