Stacking Primordial jewels

Hi guys,

I am running Golemancer for quite a long time now and trying out stuff. I was wondering if the jewels Harmony and Might for example really stack.
I got 2 additional Might-Jewels which should increase my Golem's life by a lot, but if I hover my mouse over the golem-spell it keeps saying 20k life, no matter if I remove a jewel or not.

It shows buff from other jewels like Cast-speed or Cooldown-recovery so I was wondering... do the Primordial jewels maybe not stack? Or is it a visual bug? I also tried a lot of harmonys and adding a different type of golems but I didn't notice any damage-difference (and that should be 80% more damage to each golem).

It would also be really cool to show the 8 second damage-buff next to the golem-picture on the top left.

Hope you guys can clear this :)
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 4:34:20 PM
*bump*
I really feel like those jewels are doing nothing to the golems... any idea how I can make sure they do/don't?
Last edited by Tician90 on Apr 24, 2017, 12:29:14 PM
They stack. There's no reason they shouldn't stack, and tooltips in this game are kinda notorious for being gentle suggestions at best.

'Course, if you really don't believe it, I'll be happy to take your set of Might jewels and do some thorough testing for you...:P
tooltip can be incorrect when listing these bonuses. there is no mechanical reason for them to not stack. there might be a bug which is unlikely. I havent done any testing, there was no reason to, what I can see is that my golems are pretty fast with 3 Eminence jewels, and I certainly get the extra buff effect
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
@1453R
I would give them to you for testing if I could make sure I will get them back after, but there is no way to do that so... yeah^^

So there is no way to see a golem's true maximum life? :(
Curses! My brilliant scheme has been foiled!

...gawd I wish Mights weren't so cod-whalloping expensive. Want to try the Golemancer build so bad, do not have the spare twenty exalts needed to build it...
So many? I can only think of the jewels that are expensive there is not that much more. I think with 10 ex you can also do it - if you run Mights^^
You could run Harmonys then you are at 5 ex.

Still think there is a bug ._.
Last edited by Tician90 on Apr 24, 2017, 1:20:12 PM
minions life tooltip is often wrong. for example, it does not count in life from STR (Baron), and for some weird reason, it does not count in my AG life bonus from the gem level.. the chance there is a bug other than tooltip display issue is very low

@1453R: might jewel is not that mandatory many people think.. my golems seem to do the job really well without them. btw Im running 3 stone golems and 5 big zombies with baron.. interesting combo, and not that expensive really..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 24, 2017, 2:09:48 PM
With Tooltip you all mean the 'Hover mouse over skill' or not? What about the stuff I see when I go to the character stats and look at the skill there? It shows a lot more but still nor all.
"
Ludvator wrote:
minions life tooltip is often wrong. for example, it does not count in life from STR (Baron), and for some weird reason, it does not count in my AG life bonus from the gem level.. the chance there is a bug other than tooltip display issue is very low

@1453R: might jewel is not that mandatory many people think.. my golems seem to do the job really well without them. btw Im running 3 stone golems and 5 big zombies with baron.. interesting combo, and not that expensive really..

You still need an Anima Stone, which is at least one Might jewel, which is at least two and a half exalts, if not three or higher, league-dependent. Then you strongly benefit from at least one other Might jewel for the 'Aggressive' A.I., unless you're doing a build that does its own fighting to an extent and can direct the minions with its own hits. Even then, the way I've read it is that the golems simply fight more aggressively with a Might stone.

So two Might stones for most forms of competent golem build, outside weird Elementalist/Clayshaper builds that can't rely on the golems alone anyways. That's a minimum of 5ex, the last time I checked Might stone prices and chaos>exalt conversion rates. Add to that the things you need to do a higher-end summoner, a.k.a. Severed in Sleep/United in Dream for a physical minion build and/or super-high Strength gear that also still covers everything else you need. I've spent 'bout an ex and a half so far on my Baron Zombie/SRS summoner this league all told, and her gearing is still average at best for the breed. Admittedly, 'average' seems to work pretty damn well, especially with a SiS to melt down bosses with crazy poison damage, but grabbing 5ex worth of golem stones to switch over to a Stone Golem-centric build is not in the cards for me. I'm horribly slow at currency building, either it drops for me or I don't get it. Heh, which is admittedly my own damn problem, but still.

'Course, an Anima Stone, a bunch of Eminence jewels to turbocharge the Stoners' attack speeds, some Essence of Fear-crafted jewelry that doesn't otherwise suck for minion speed, and maybe you could make a go of it that way. Additional benefit - heavy amplification of the Stone Golems' regen buff. My Baroness build already has more than 10% life regen between tree, gear, and Golem right now; getting an extra 100+ life/second would just make the regen all the sweeter. Gotta find a million jewel slots, though...between Efficient Training, Violent Dead, and Anima/Primordial Stones, that's a lot of jewel pressure...

Hn. Something to consider for the future, at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info