The definition of a "carry service"

OK, this is going to be another philosophical post by me :D The thing is, after multiple failed attempts to clear the Uber Lab with my Freezing Pulse inquisitor, I finally decided to resort to a carry service. The first guy I asked was advertising his service as "slow run, more safe", so I bought into that. Paid him an offering together with another guy, only to find out that the so-called "carry" turned into a mad rush through the traps. I couldn't keep up and eventually died in the traps. At that point, I got pissed off, called him an a-hole, told him to stuff his service etc. Probably should have kept my temper in check, but it was just too frustrating.
The next attempt with another guy ended prematurely through my own fault. Finally, I got in touch with the third guy, his IGN was UberAtziriFFF (I hope this doesn't go against the "naming and shaming" policy, because it's actually positive feedback :)). He charged an offering + 10c for his services, but it turned out to be worth every penny. The guy was very patient, kept just slightly ahead of me where I could actually help him clear trash mobs with my freezing pulse, always waited for me on the other side while I navigated the traps, issued clear instructions like "wait here" or "go" in the chat. The whole run was executed perfectly, without a single misstep. And after that, he even got back to me and thanked ME because he got lucky with the lab enchant. It was one of the most positive experiences I've had in this game so far.
Now, I'm kinda new to all this "carrying" stuff, I'm more used to doing challenges myself, so I have to ask the others' opinion: was I wrong to get mad and yell at the first guy? Does "carrying" someone through the Uber Lab (or through any challenge, for that matter) mean that the guy who's doing the carry is just responsible for killing the boss(es), and everybody else must keep up or can go screw themselves? Or is the host actually responsible for the safety and well-being of those he's carrying? Just wanna hear your opinions, guys. Trying to figure out whether I was right or wrong here.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 12:12:43 AM
You're not wrong to get mad. You're wrong to take it out on him. When someone wrongs you in a game it's best to just move on. No reason in the world to even deal with him once you've decided you're not going to.
Getting carried through lab is very different from getting carried through other stuff, because there is nothing they can do to carry you through traps, which are what most people have issues with. That's kind of the point of it.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Getting carried through lab is very different from getting carried through other stuff, because there is nothing they can do to carry you through traps, which are what most people have issues with. That's kind of the point of it.

I understand that, but one thing is when you're given enough time to navigate the traps carefully, and another thing is when the guy doing the carry is rushing ahead at the speed of light, and you have like 5 seconds to get through a set of complex traps, or otherwise you'll be hopelessly left behind. I don't know, this kind of rush just felt wrong to me. On my last try, when the host was kind enough to wait for me, I didn't have any problems with the traps. Now I'm trying to understand whether you're always expected to keep up with the host regardless of the pace he sets, or whether the first guy was just a jerk.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Apr 23, 2017, 9:59:06 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I'm peculiar in that I only have trouble with Izaro, then. :D
Traps are easy.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Depends on build. Some have no trouble with traps and others have no trouble with Izzy.
I carry people thorogh Uber Lab from time to time. And people die in traps from time to time. Some people are trying to run faster then me. And dying. But most of them admit later about their own fault. Some people trying to assist with Izaro (when were instructed to wait outside) and dying. It's part of the job, basically, when someone dying and blaming you in that.

About OPs question. I say something like 'don't hurry, I'll be wait for you until traps'. Because usually people dying when trying to speedrun. Also I disable sentinel traps if possible.

Want to have easy uber run - stay calm and do what you've been talked to.

And another thing. When someone offers you uber run for free (only offering) don't expect him be waiting for you or instrucing you in traps. You could be lucky and find someone who do that, but it's exception, not a rule. Best service is a paid service, but it's obvious.
"
fwd wrote:

And another thing. When someone offers you uber run for free (only offering) don't expect him be waiting for you or instrucing you in traps. You could be lucky and find someone who do that, but it's exception, not a rule. Best service is a paid service, but it's obvious.

Fair enough. The guy who eventually got me through the lab did charge 10c on top of the offering, and he did go out of his way to actually carry me. For the sake of fairness, though, I wasn't choosing the service based on the price. I was prepared to pay, and was just looking for someone from the EU region who was online and willing to do the carry. Funny thing, I had an extra 5c in my inventory and intended to give it to the first guy as a tip for getting me through the lab... But instead, I got dragged into a mad race through the traps.
Your mistake for rushing with him, he was rushing to get to the enemies and bosses you should have taken your time to pass the traps and go slowly, that was your only job and you couldn't do it.
Last edited by frenrihr on Apr 23, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
"
frenrihr wrote:
Your mistake for rushing with him, he was rushing to get to the enemies and bosses you should have taken your time to pass the traps and go slowly, that was your only job and you couldn't do it.
But then again, if carrier rushes too fast and kills all mobs (except maybe some stray rares) in his wake, then you're left with 0 flask charges on a long fkn way with a shitton of traps to navigate through. I think carry style should be talked over before you agree to be carried, except you can manage lab traps and rares even without flasks.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info