Should chaos resistance be made more accessible?

The gap is insane between ES and Life vs. Chaos Damages.

Even LL has tools like Presence of Chayula that is powerful enough of a Unique for consideration in the amulet slot. No such equivalent for Life-Base builds.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
If it wasn't too late i did ask GGG to change from scratch how different defense work in Path of Exile.
The most frustrating experience so far has never been to die to chaos or labyrinth traps.

It has always been trying to build / theory around a defense type and finaly ending in 90% of case admitting CI outclass everything literaly and not for a way higher investement.

Your question about Chaos damages and rolls leaded others users to point Hybrid builds, i just think it would be important to go even further and ask directly GGG if they have some plans on Hybrid / Life or any defenses, and then bring them back to the build diversity pool.

It can be CI / Life / Hybrid / Evasion or anything if they are all in it will have a good impact on build theory and then economy. Actualy Economy is mainly around CI builds. As soon others defense are great (again? no ) it could seriously make the experience better for everybody. Except if of course this is intended by GGG but i don't think so. Well don't want to go further on this part it's another subject need another forum thread.
Hf :)
A master craft option wouldn't do any harm. It could be limited by not allowing the master craft on every equippable item.
Master craft would probably fix the issue yeah, because they already limit the maximum values you can craft to below what you can get though random crafting so even if it was something low like 1-9% it would be enough to save hybrid/ranger-life builds.
yes and no, i think the current system is fine, those 5k life/evasion/low regen builds really "need" that stat while others can pretty much ignore it until Overgrown Ruin's bossroom.

Maybe add some XX% to chaosres into the Acrobatics keystone??
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Apr 24, 2017, 8:19:56 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Your question about Chaos damages and rolls leaded others users to point Hybrid builds, i just think it would be important to go even further and ask directly GGG if they have some plans on Hybrid / Life or any defenses, and then bring them back to the build diversity pool.

It can be CI / Life / Hybrid / Evasion or anything if they are all in it will have a good impact on build theory and then economy. Actualy Economy is mainly around CI builds. As soon others defense are great (again? no )

Most likely no, I can't remember life/ES hybrid builds ever being particularly awesome :)

Played one in Breach and I had the usual two problems that come with it. One is the need to distribute your sustain across two pools which is why I used an Occultist, it has some extra doodads. The other is chaos res, which I chose not to bother with as an experiment to see how much is it exactly required. The verdict is it makes for some really nervous playing because you need to closely watch both pools at once at all times, the human factor is often overlooked when we do the number crunching game and I feel it comes in strongly here. So, the chaos res annoyance is pretty much mandatory.

One other thing is the size of your life pool, it's a bit lower than what it should be so it won't protect you too well versus stuns and statuses which are tuned for full life focus, which you can't have because your pool investment is already very high. So yeah, hybrids are probably unpopular for a reason, they don't seem that bad on paper but when you play one it doesn't exactly come across as user friendly, which wouldn't really be an issue if it was worth the trouble like CI is, but it isn't.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 24, 2017, 8:37:41 AM
The problem with chaos damage IMO is that it sometimes just gets out of hand.

A few leagues back I went LL without "cannot bypass ES". Naturally I got 75% chaos resist, hoping that would be enough. Most of the time it was - but some sources of chaos damage just obliterated me and I wasn't sitting at 10 unreserfed life either. ;)

If you aim for chaos resist it is easy enough to stack to high amounts. There are situations though where that won't help much - in that regard chaos damage has already become like the other damage types.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
A few leagues back I went LL without "cannot bypass ES". Naturally I got 75% chaos resist, hoping that would be enough. Most of the time it was - but some sources of chaos damage just obliterated me and I wasn't sitting at 10 unreserfed life either. ;)

Yup, we were in the similar boat there, I had full life with little chaos res and you had ~1/4 left with capped. If I capped my res too I'd have a higher total buffer than life would give me but still be at subpar sustain than what would focusing on only one pool provide, so that's an advantage and a drawback that cancels it so the whole thing feels pointless.

I'm thinking that's important, what you had was a drawback at the cost of extra power that LL provides so there was a point in doing it. By the way, I think they should have never introduced 'can't bypass ES' and instead provide other perks to LL if it wasn't tempting enough, what I'm saying is that LL should be playable in HC if you're a daredevil, not if you're rich.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 24, 2017, 10:07:23 AM
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
The problem with chaos damage IMO is that it sometimes just gets out of hand.

If you aim for chaos resist it is easy enough to stack to high amounts. There are situations though where that won't help much - in that regard chaos damage has already become like the other damage types.

I will second that. Playing LL RF build with no shav or lorica(well, sold my lorica by accident and basically fucked myself up). I started this character with 75% chaos res in mind and I achieved that. With 600-700 life unreserved I thought I will be pretty safe but some of the chaos damage is insane. Thant new exile, LMP ED. One hit and my life drains like theres no tomorrow. Magic Zombies that leave poison cloud, vaal constructs etc. I never paid attention to chaos damage but now I see that almost every map has monsters with it, and they hit hard. Honestly, I don't want to use shav and it being basically the only thing to save you when on LL is kinda silly.

Op, how about nodes that make you take increased non chaos damage but reduces DoT taken? CI wouldn't want it, LL Shavs couldn't care less but it would be of use to Hybrids and LL that stack chaos res. Perhaps Leo unique even with his mod.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
I Really dont want it to just become another stat that "must be maxed"
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info