Skill System Demonstration Video

We've uploaded the Skill System Demonstration video that we showed to journalists at PAX in September.

The video was filmed a few months ago, so you might notice bits and pieces that look outdated compared to the latest screenshots we've been showing. Hopefully it helps you guys understand the skill system and see some of the combinations possible.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Apr 11, 2015, 8:11:28 AM
Very cool video. Can't wait!

Edit: I just noticed the level 5 gems say (max level). Is this the set max level for all gems?
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
just saw that the armour had 5 sockets, whats the max? 6? assume its based on the size of the waepon/ armour.so whats the max amount of sockets, can the colour of the socket be changed to allow a different gem to be used?
are some classes able to utilise more sockets than others? ie:ranged bow giving up sheild sockets
proud member of clanDA
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:
I just noticed the level 5 gems say (max level). Is this the set max level for all gems?

Nice catch there. The max level you are seeing there is with non final balance. This video was actually shot quite some time ago.

Our system supports different skill gems having different maximum levels (and different amounts of experience per level).

We are not certain yet what typical max levels of gems will be, but it will probably be more like 20 levels for most gems.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
"
vorlon wrote:
just saw that the armour had 5 sockets, whats the max? 6? assume its based on the size of the waepon/ armour.so whats the max amount of sockets, can the colour of the socket be changed to allow a different gem to be used?
are some classes able to utilise more sockets than others? ie:ranged bow giving up sheild sockets

I think that currently we use a maximum of 6 sockets for armours.

The maximum number of sockets for one handed weapons and shields is 3. The maximum number of sockets for two handed weapons is 6. This means that two handed weapon users don't get short changed on the total number of possible sockets they can have.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
It also means possibly more links and powerful combinations than going with 2 1-handers. Which is good, I have always preferred 2-handers when it comes to RPGs but they always seem weaker than 2 1-handers. Maybe this skill system will make up the difference!
Or maybe the links allowed on 2-handers are the same. So 3 slots linked together and the other 3 slots linked together.
excellent .

are boots/helms/gloves or accessories going to have gemslots ?
can we easely remove gems from an item if we did a mistake ?
If we can remove it, the level of the gems will stay the same ?
"
ZooL wrote:
can we easely remove gems from an item if we did a mistake ?
If we can remove it, the level of the gems will stay the same ?

Yes and yes. Which is why the skill system in this game will rock.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info