Standard League and Fall of Oriath

Has there been any word on how Standard will be handled in 3.0? Will Standard characters be able to start out in Act 4 and progress to 5 and beyond or will Standard characters have to begin in Act 1 and go through the early game before moving on to Act 5?

Will Standard characters be locked out of Acts 5-10 for some period of time when Oriath debuts to give things a Temp League feel?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 10:19:27 AM
They announced on their Myspace page that the new acts will never go to standard. . .
"
thawn4444 wrote:
They announced on their Myspace page that the new acts will never go to standard. . .

Seriously? Sounds like you've misunderstood. At least I hope you have. Do people still use Myspace?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 22, 2017, 1:05:21 PM
"
thawn4444 wrote:
Strange. Did they make that Myspace announcement from their aol account?
US Mountain Time Zone
Nothing has been announced yet. I think someone mentioned on TheirSpace that they still don't exactly know how to handle Standard characters but having to start progress from Act 1 is unlikely. I may be wrong though. I need to start saving these dev replies from there...

"
Will Standard characters be locked out of Acts 5-10 for some period of time when Oriath debuts to give things a Temp League feel?

I think chances they'd lock anything are close to zero. Last time you just needed to kill Dominus, this time it will be different just due to area level rebalancing, I think, but I'd guess GGG will try to make it as comfortable for players as it can be, so I'd bet just having to start in Act 4, depending on character level.
"
thawn4444 wrote:

Yeah they announce a lot of the most important things on Myspace.. and people bitch that they favor reddit.. If they only knew. Thats where i found out about the exalt recipe as well as how fishing works in poe. :P

Seriously though OP most likely it will work just like 2.0 and act 4 worked. Where basically you will start where you left off.. If thats A4 finished you'll have a quest or talk to someone in A4 town to take you to A4 and carry on that way. Of Course high lvl characters will faceroll everything since they will be super high lvl just like we were in 2.0 to get the 3 new passive skill points but yeah i figure it will work much like that.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 22, 2017, 2:09:14 PM
I wish there was a complete wipe just like on release. I know it wont happen.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Has there been any word on how Standard will be handled in 3.0? Will Standard characters be able to start out in Act 4 and progress to 5 and beyond or will Standard characters have to begin in Act 1 and go through the early game before moving on to Act 5?

Dumbest questions ever. You know exactly how it will go and no amount of hatred for the Standard league will change that. Standard 4 Life!
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Well, I'm glad you know how it will go. If I knew, I would not have asked the question. And, BTW, I like standard and still play it. I would love to play Acts 6-10 in Standard from the git go. :p
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
thawn4444 wrote:
Strange. Did they make that Myspace announcement from their aol account?

Zing...for those of us old enough to remember ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info