ES is the best to make a tanky character?

Like for example if i invest into shields or into life or maybe both, maybe a lot of armor ES would still be better?, i want to make a character like this but i am wondering if i should consider other alternatives before going ES.
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 1:36:19 AM
The best way to make a tanky character is to dish out enough damage to kill whatever is hitting you before you have to tank anything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For now... that seems to be the case. But if I've learned anything about this game is that it changes.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
The best way to make a tanky character is to dish out enough damage to kill whatever is hitting you before you have to tank anything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now now you got to use your "clever" answer now, please now answer the question or just leave the topic.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
For now... that seems to be the case. But if I've learned anything about this game is that it changes.

Yeah... but i doubt it will change soon, Melee has been trash tier for a long time and that includes life, i think my witch would have been WAY better with ES than investing in life nodes seriously.

Another problem i find is the one-shots i think this should not be in the game because this makes life, or block builds even more garbage.
"
frenrihr wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now now you got to use your "clever" answer now, please now answer the question or just leave the topic.

Hes not trolling hes being serious. Too much monster damage to mitigate everything. At a certain threshold of defense it pays to stop investing and go full offense.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Full offense + instant leech is the way GGG wants you to do it. In soviet wraeclast, there is no 'traditional' arpg tank. (ranged not melee)
Well i know and that sucks, specially with the one-shots but let's say im a really stubborn person (i am) and i still want to make a tanky character, would ES be the way to go or other means of defense are viable like shield block, life... idk.

Please, i mean i know the game is really dogshit like that with how unbalanced are some playstyles like melee being trash compared to ranged etc. but just focus on the question i made.
Last edited by frenrihr on Apr 22, 2017, 10:53:20 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1875078
meh I dunno. I played a max block life based gladiator this league and it felt pretty damn tanky. I could afk and auto kill trash/some bosses up to t15. The main problem that affects "tanky-ness" for life based builds is elemental damage. Phys dmg is no problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info