Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

"
Marxone wrote:
I just got Ryzen 1600 + GTX 1080 as they went quite down compared to GTX 1070 and the performance difference (all thx to release of GTX 1080Ti)

Tested couple maps, the performance seems great. As for solo play i never dropped under 100fps on DX11 settings with everything maxed except Anti Aliasing (no point having it enabled for monitor with good pixel density). Highs 300+

Tested one map in party with a summoner, only problem seems to be server side lags and stutters.

AMD Ryzen 1600 (no O.C. yet)
2x 8192 Corsair DDR4 3200 (wasn't able to get above 2933, but considering price difference with G.Skill kit, i will sacrifice the 3% of performance for 10% price difference)
MSI GTX 1080 8GB
256 SSD
4TB slow data drive
100Hz Qnix 27" monitor 1440P

from the investigation this seems like best bang for the buck i can get overall. Surprising that AMD + Nvidia works together this well.

I've watched quite a lot of DDR4 OC benchmarking for Ryzen on the various big tech channels. The general consensus seems to be that the performance gains scale very well going up to 2666, starts to fall off at 2933, and going 2933 to 3200 is very little difference. 2933 is the kinda sweet spot before diminishing returns is too great to bother wasting time/volts/money etc.
"
Astealoth wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

2x 8192 Corsair DDR4 3200 (wasn't able to get above 2933, but considering price difference with G.Skill kit, i will sacrifice the 3% of performance for 10% price difference)

I've watched quite a lot of DDR4 OC benchmarking for Ryzen on the various big tech channels. The general consensus seems to be that the performance gains scale very well going up to 2666, starts to fall off at 2933, and going 2933 to 3200 is very little difference. 2933 is the kinda sweet spot before diminishing returns is too great to bother wasting time/volts/money etc.

yes, that's true. But it might be a result of current BIOS and microcode on the chips. It might have bigger effect after the platforms matures a bit. I think latest bios for majority of boards is from 10th April.

Locally the difference between regular brand 2666MHz and 3200MHz Corsair was $10 so performance per buck, it made sense to buy them. Cheapest kit 3600MHz is $50 more from 3200MHz kit. Not a great deal considering my options.

I had run couple more maps, it is great to see that PoE utilizes all threads of Ryzen (all 12 from the MSI Afterburner OSD) and GPU pulls 90%+ utilization. I am playing on DX11 beta even with the annoyance of fullscreen mode swapping to windowed every time i restart the client.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Not in time for 3.0 but I hope I'll upgrade my crappy notebook after 5 years playing poe in slideshow mode.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
For those considering Ryzen, quick map with numbers enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAK_3lZlmx0
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I bought a gtx 1070 last year, the performance is solid overall but I still get significant dips when things get messy on screen. I think I'll upgrade my CPU to see if that improves things. Currently using an i7 3770, which is almost 5 years old.
old computer here

i5 4570 3.2 ghz
8 gb ram
radeon r9 270x 2gb graphics from 2013
some old 2tb mechanical hdd

everything runs fine (40+ fps) even on directx 11 so there is no point to make any upgrades as i only really play this game. thanks a lot to ggg for the performance improvements. without those i'd have had to upgrade.
No, why would i lol? My shit runs fine. PoE just isn't well optimized, most ppl who dunno what's what always blab about hardare specs, when in actuality it's mostly about software optimization. You have games that look better and run smoother and then you have games that look worse, but also run worse. You don't need a supercomputer to run PoE, but it also can't be a potato. I just wish they'd optimize it, cos PoE is known to be poorly optimized, hence making it so that a lot of people can't properly play it, because most ppl don't buy a new NASA supercomputer every 2 months, to get 1% better performance rofl.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
AMD 1600X (4050 MHz)
AMD MSI RX 480, 8 GB Gaming X (1350/2100- minor oc)
Asus Crosshair VI, x370
G.Skill Trident Z, 16GB, 3600 MHz RGB. (Running at 3400, unstable at 3600, but actually managed to get them stable at 14, 14, 14, 34, which i'm really happy about!)
Corsair H115i, with 2x Noctua Industrial 2000 RPM, 4 Pin fans.
Corsair HX1050 PSU.
Black Alchemy Sleeved Cables.
Phanteks Evolv ATX (Silver case)

RED LED theme. Could change to diff colours.. but the MSI card is red. Waiting for Vega.

Upgraded like 1.5 week ago.

It's all been Oc'ed.

I'm ready! :)

Just waiting for Vega, then i'll be selling the 480.
Last edited by Pathtastic on Apr 29, 2017, 6:06:57 PM
software is 10 years behind hardware. Why the hell would we update every time a game is released?

Tala Moana Warrior!
"
Abielail wrote:
software is 10 years behind hardware. Why the hell would we update every time a game is released?

many players do that as you can see in this thread too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info