Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

Yes, indeed. Not necessarily for 3.0. I've been in need for an upgrade for quite some time now and 3.0 happens to coincide with enough on my bank account to finally do said upgrade.

Not sure what to get, though (rather laptop/ desktop than actual specs which is the problem here).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Necromael wrote:
"
KOrchann wrote:
I got i7 6700 4c/4Ghz, 500Gb SSD, 1T HDD, GTX 1060, 16Gb ram. And new 27" monitor just b4 xmas.. For playing games;) not just PoE.. and PoE crashes randomly time to time.. otherwise runs fine;) So if u buy new rig, definitely try other new games too;) don't stuck just to PoE ;) GL&HF

That all falls into water when all other games work as they should, except poe.

Aye I know, I'm stilling waiting for some sort of magic from GGG to sort it out with 3.0 :D:D
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
"
IronSteel wrote:
Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

rofl

Is this a joke post?
I got a 1080 and a 4790k. Believe me, it's not for PoE.
"
Ygidua wrote:

SSD´s do not affect your gameplay.

I never really understood where that rumor came from and that it´s still so present among gamers.

What influences your FPS are CPU and GPU, as the Data is preloaded (loading times) or in open world games, loaded in the background while you are not yet at the new location.

False. SSD's help with certain games/engines with heavy LOD loading. Stutter and delay in LOD's loading is heavily reduced.
Namely Falout 4 or Skyrim, or a handful of MMO's.
You should check your facts before being all " I don't know where this "rumor" came from".

First of all,

we are talking of actual FPS here. SSD´s do not alter your FPS, they only offer a faster delivery of the Data, as explained by me above.

I also addressed the pre loading of textures, but I can do again, as your wrong reply might have confused the OP.

PC games that do not use VRAM and RAM well like WOW, suffer under slower loading times of objects, mostly other players and terrain. This is very noticeable when you fly or enter a big city.

Bethesda games are known for that as well, as they develop their games for consoles and therefore, work with much weaker hardware.

If they now import the game, the game will use less RAM & VRAM, even though our PC´s could easily run more. Since the details are higher on PC, the pop ups start to appear, as the game is running under the specifications of console hardware. At this point, our HDD`s must do the job of our system memory and because of this, we have stuttering or pop ups.

Skyrim is very popular in that and that is why having an SSD helps. This, however, does not mean that SSD´s are mandatory for gaming and especially not for 60FPS. SSD´s can smoothen the mistakes by Developers, but still won´t alter your FPS.

FPS are made by CPU, GPU and the API that let´s your hardware communicate with the software and that is where POE is suffering.

"
If you are going to upgrade processors go to an I7.

I use an I7 with a measly gtx780 and don't have the issues that a lot of players have. I think POE is very CPU heavy and the offload to GPU processing is taxing. (probably why nvdia/intel setups tend to have less issues with POE then AMD issues...even when AMD techincally makes the superior cards...technically at least).

I'm planning on getting a 1080 maybe next year when the 1280s or whatever come out. I always buy a generation back.
i7 3770k + GTX 660, interested to see what the 3.0 optimizations bring. Im running pretty damn good til i play anything with extra gore and 10APS.

Honestly if people are gonna upgrade they should just go with the 1070-1080, the 1060 seems like it isnt really worth for the price in comparison to the other new ones.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Ygidua wrote:

Skyrim is very popular in that and that is why having an SSD helps.

Speaking of bad wording lol. No, Popularity isn't related to why SSD helps Skyrim ><

Look, you said SSD's "don't effect your gameplay". Before you go beeeking off about "wording" that might " confuse" people, check your own posts. I'm well aware of what a SSD does and don't need a reply about it.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 23, 2017, 2:14:21 PM
Ill downgrade my current rig to something like this;

• 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 2133 MHz
• some random 8 Core AMD CPU running @ 1.75 GHz
• some random GPU with a clockspeed of 853 MHz, 768 shader cores - peaking around 1.31 TFLOPS
• some Hard Drive with 500GB @ 5400 rpm

Those are the specs of the Xbox One. Logically I will be able to play the game flawless with the same specs. Kappa

On a serious note, nah - I'll keep my stuff as it is.

I'm using the same computer I've had since PoE beta and can still max it out with no frame drops so I doubt I'll upgrade. All right I'll admit I changed the GPU to a 980 at some point but that wasn't just for PoE
if someone send me money yes but chances are %0.00...
my english sux.
My rig is outdated (4770k with a GTX 770) but I won't be rebuilding anytime soon. But I will be upgrading my monitor to a 21:9 (3440 x 1440) which will probably also warrant an upgrade of my current GPU to a 1080 or a 1080 TI if I want to be able to play anything else at a decent framerate.
I'll be running the Xbox1 version when it comes out, so I don't need to upgrade, just waiting for it to come out.. impatiently. I want to play.

My computer can run it on really low settings, but won't be upgrading/replacing that for a while.
Proud Console Player

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info