Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

"
Lynerus wrote:
If GGG is paying for it sure why not

Why the H would GGG do that anymore than Mexico paying for the border wall they don't want (and neither do we need to waste 40+ billion either). Stupid is as stupid does (no wonder the Reps love the lesser educated... same as P.T. Barnum did... so gullible).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I doubt an i7 would be any better for poe than an i5. It could possibly be worse even because of hyperthreading. We would need benchmarks to see but considering poe uses I think two threads right now you would gain very little if anything for a pretty significant increase in cost.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
If GGG is paying for it sure why not

Why the H would GGG do that anymore than Mexico paying for the border wall they don't want (and neither do we need to waste 40+ billion either). Stupid is as stupid does (no wonder the Reps love the lesser educated... same as P.T. Barnum did... so gullible).

Yeah cause buying new pcs for random games exp is normal or something

Why dont we all just buy new pcs for every game that is released as well
LOL at the thought of upgrading a PC just for Path of Exile.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Ok so here is my biggest beef with poe system requirement wise.

Basically you need an ssd to play this game optimally. That's all fine and good but the problem is other games generally are worse with an ssd. So if you want to main poe your basically buying a worse computer for other games like fps and rts games.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
but the problem is other games generally are worse with an ssd.

uh...no.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
the problem is other games generally are worse with an ssd.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Don't bother arguing because it is an impossibility for you to win.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Built my monster water cooled 5.1ghz rig mid 2011 and last year upgraded to a water cooled gtx 1080, I still crash with scorching ray/whispering ice build which is a known issue, even crashes after a fresh reboot with nothing else running. Crashes no where else in the game or ever on any other game. I'll even have 30+ browser tabs open and photoshop and other apps and never turn the machine off for weeks so my machine is rock solid.

I had to drop scorching ray to stop the crashing and just self cast instead. I imagine 3.0 will not by an issue performance wise.
I got i7 6700 4c/4Ghz, 500Gb SSD, 1T HDD, GTX 1060, 16Gb ram. And new 27" monitor just b4 xmas.. For playing games;) not just PoE.. and PoE crashes randomly time to time.. otherwise runs fine;) So if u buy new rig, definitely try other new games too;) don't stuck just to PoE ;) GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
KOrchann wrote:
I got i7 6700 4c/4Ghz, 500Gb SSD, 1T HDD, GTX 1060, 16Gb ram. And new 27" monitor just b4 xmas.. For playing games;) not just PoE.. and PoE crashes randomly time to time.. otherwise runs fine;) So if u buy new rig, definitely try other new games too;) don't stuck just to PoE ;) GL&HF

That all falls into water when all other games work as they should, except poe.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info