Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

Reminds me of this thread GGG, Mind telling spec of the machine on which u claim poe run flawlesly?we want flawless POE too (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816762)
Nope.
"
spec of the machine on which u claim poe run flawlesly

xbox 1
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
No because it is not long since I did a major upgrade and most current games can keep a constant 60 fps(POE goes over 200 if vsync is off)and that is at 4k res.
I bought a new rig for 2.6. Runs better but yh not really flawless. I'll see on monday if it is better with my new provider (DSL16k -> 50mbit vdsl).

Current rig:
i5-7600
16GB DDR4
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Win 10 Pro
"
Nephalim wrote:
I have an i2500k which is an older cpu and a gtx970. PoE runs flawlessly on DX9EX and is unplayable on DX11.

I'm not sure why you think 3.0 will be more demanding. GGG is adding new act content and hopefully is smart enough not to introduce cast on something that procs 12 times as second rendering any attempts at game optimization moot.

DX 11 has a lot more particle effects than DX9, therefore the problems. You should notice this mostly with stuff on the ground or while in party, when many more draw calls need to be addressed or with water.

All of those will join a queue and since Dx 11, does not support multithreading, your GPU has to wait. This problem is gone with DX12, Mantle and Vulkan, so maybe POE 3.0 will offer an alternative API.

Your CPU is totally fine for any game these days, it´s the high level API that is bad and the "graphics intensity" by developers, who care more about the optics than the frame rates.

It would be easy for developers to settle down with the draw calls and all the problems would be gone over night. This would however, lower the details and this could cost potential customers as nice screenshots sell better, than smooth gameplay.
"
fwd wrote:
"
galuf wrote:
"
fwd wrote:
I'm curious what should I upgrade in my PC to get rid of FPS drops when I roll too many mods on maps, ground effects seems affect fps more significantly then others.

Share please your config which is able to do stable 60fps full hd on min settings without any drops ever.

you want a ssd, 10+gb of ram(if you play for long periods), if you have a 4K screen it can get heavy on gpu afterward. (at this point in time maybe a high end ATI)

So SSD really required to have 60 FPS? I was thinking SSD is only required to have faster load times.

Atm I have HD7970 on min settings (Dx9Ex) on FullHD, always 60 fps, but with ground effects (and I like to roll A LOT of mods on maps) it drops to 30 all the time. And graphics in PoE is nothing special, I run many modern games on max settings.

SSD´s do not affect your gameplay.

I never really understood where that rumor came from and that it´s still so present among gamers.

What influences your FPS are CPU and GPU, as the Data is preloaded (loading times) or in open world games, loaded in the background while you are not yet at the new location.
"
IronSteel wrote:
Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

rofl

Is this a joke post?
I got a 1080 and a 4790k. Believe me, it's not for PoE.
"
Ygidua wrote:

SSD´s do not affect your gameplay.

I never really understood where that rumor came from and that it´s still so present among gamers.

What influences your FPS are CPU and GPU, as the Data is preloaded (loading times) or in open world games, loaded in the background while you are not yet at the new location.

False. SSD's help with certain games/engines with heavy LOD loading. Stutter and delay in LOD's loading is heavily reduced.
Namely Falout 4 or Skyrim, or a handful of MMO's.
You should check your facts before being all " I don't know where this "rumor" came from".
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 22, 2017, 7:47:02 PM
If GGG is paying for it sure why not
No what for? Runs fine on my Dell Business laptop with onboard video. This is not a demanding game.

I actually have a high end desktop and prefer playing laying back in recliner on

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e7470-ultrabook/pd
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 22, 2017, 10:43:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info