Are you buying a new rig for 3.0?

I will.

My desired specs are:

nvidia gtx 1060 6gb, intel i5-6400 2.7 ghz, ssd disc, 8 gb dd4 ram.

I suspect PoE 3.0 will demand much better rendering than it currently does, and my actual rig can't handle quite a bunch of situations properly.
Last edited by IronSteel on Apr 21, 2017, 4:57:26 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2017, 9:39:34 AM
If you are going to upgrade processors go to an I7.

I use an I7 with a measly gtx780 and don't have the issues that a lot of players have. I think POE is very CPU heavy and the offload to GPU processing is taxing. (probably why nvdia/intel setups tend to have less issues with POE then AMD issues...even when AMD techincally makes the superior cards...technically at least).

I'm planning on getting a 1080 maybe next year when the 1280s or whatever come out. I always buy a generation back.
I have an i2500k which is an older cpu and a gtx970. PoE runs flawlessly on DX9EX and is unplayable on DX11.

I'm not sure why you think 3.0 will be more demanding. GGG is adding new act content and hopefully is smart enough not to introduce cast on something that procs 12 times as second rendering any attempts at game optimization moot.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I build my rig for Witcher 3. It should do alright with PoE.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Nephalim wrote:
I have an i2500k which is an older cpu and a gtx970. PoE runs flawlessly on DX9EX and is unplayable on DX11.

I'm not sure why you think 3.0 will be more demanding. GGG is adding new act content and hopefully is smart enough not to introduce cast on something that procs 12 times as second rendering any attempts at game optimization moot.

Exactly. I have the same set up and my rig is going to be 6 years old I only upgraded my 560 TI to MSI 970. Nothing is broken and can run on any games flawlessly. The guy who suggested i7 is a noob. Get an i5 to save money. I doubt new contents are equal to higher system requirements. It's silly if you think like that.

"but but the flashy effects and lag builds people love to ruin in party!"

Tone down your graphic setting if you don't want any stutters.
I already made
Top notch for ascendancy...
980 ti
M.2 SSd
i7 6xxx dont remember unlocked
Fast 3200 ram and ofcourse mainboard which supports this.

I think the bottleneck on my rig currently is the game poe...
All the rest is superduper (video edit, premiere, ps etc...)
No Problem,
Exile
Nope. Got a new machine for Xmas. Totally overboard. PoE runs fine. If anything, I'd get a new monitor.
Got a GTX 1070 last September. I'm fine for the next 3 years.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
cant afford
step 1: buy ssd
step 2: buy i5/i7
step 3: ???
step 4: profit!
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1136268
For the love of dogs: view-thread/1197708

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info