Decision to not support this time.

"
edgewood wrote:
"
Sisaroth wrote:
This again...

If legacy didn't have reliq keys, people would probably be more positive about legacy league.

I'm still clueless why people think that items that the developers consider unbalanced (why else did they get changed) would be re-introduced in the game in large amounts.

But the main hype for the league was the keys.

Not true imho.
It was for some, yeah.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Apr 21, 2017, 8:55:06 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

The only fix i can see them doing is to reduce the fluff but increase the rarity of the keys.

That would have been a much, MUCH better decision.

EDIT: Come to think of it, this game is a rare piece of ARPG, where ratity doesn't always translate into power or usefulness.
Last edited by QuiquePoE on Apr 21, 2017, 9:09:09 AM
"
edgewood wrote:
Just wanted to give you guys and gals a heads up why I chose to forgo buying an supporter pack this go around.

First I love the game and play daily anywhere from 2-4 hours and quite frequently more. However I decided to hold off on purchasing a pack this time till after i played for a bit as I wasn't at all happy with the way things unfolded over the last couple of leagues.

Anyways back on point the ancient reliqueary keys are just bad. I have seen 3-4 of them this entire league and 3 of the items that I got from them are WORSE than the current 1c version in the game, This just isn't right its demotivating and frankly feels quite punishing. Im not expecting them to rain from the sky and be all 1000 facebreakers or 1k hp kaoms but to get a totally useless inferior item just feels bad.

Now before all the trolls jump all over me and say I want things handed to me and GIT GUD at the game please keep your childish comments to yourself. This is meant strictly as a consumer explaining why they chose not to buy a product at this time. I know that as a successful business owner I value constructive feedback from my customer base.

I would love to continue to support this game as I do play it and enjoy it so please stop having these barbs that just upset customers. Keep the game hard and challenging but RNG and hand slaps aren't the way to go. Just my proverbial 2 cents.

wait you have found keys? so they acually exist in the game? :)
i haven't found a single one yet.
I found 2, got total crap. For me it it wouldn't be bad if keys were as common to find as, say, Chaos orbs then you can rain down crap all you like and it would be more about the trill of the chance of getting something good.

The keys dropped less frequently then exalts, which means many people playing this league did not even get a chance to get one even to get total crap. I just don't understand having such rarity and then crap.

And I actually don't play leagues very often and the reason I played this one was I was under the (mistaken) impression that I could get a half way decent legacy unique. I have enjoyed the league anyway but the keys were a complete and utter let down.

And now this code to support these crappy items are in POE forever taking up space on millions of hard drives all over the world. Plus GGG created a whole new effect in your stash tab to make them do that glowly thingy. What a complete waste of programming time.
I think all this unique-git-guding-mega-key thing was just part of advert or even hype (so to say) for this league. And this worked.

Realistic (for average player) statistical chances were... impossibly bad from the start. May be this is 1 of 1000 (10000?) lucky guy. GGG simple can afford to generate any real quantites of strong legacy uniques to market again (and make you happy by allow to find), but, sadly, can't resist to expoit to some extent human greed and hopes.

So, best mindset strategy with all this -- just not expect wonders and have fun with more common gameplay things. And may be (just may be!) you will be chosen one for some kaom's or even better junk. But this will be only nice suprise. Like unexpected exalt in god-forgotten chest at low-tier map.
Last edited by le_souriceau on Apr 21, 2017, 6:50:12 PM
Yeah, not putting a significant number of crazy good legacy uniques into the market is a good thing. But when someone finally finds one of those super rare keys, then all they get is a pile of garbage that is worse then the current version, its a serious feel bad moment.

I would rather the keys be rarer and not have as much junk then find a key and get garbage that I'm vendoring better versions of.

Alternatively, more common keys and greater amounts of junk is a valid strategy too, if not my preference
Last edited by ff6shadow on Apr 21, 2017, 9:41:11 PM
Definitely not against having the keys be even rarer but drop only good legacies. It feels weird to get a shiny looking item that's complete crap. It just doesn't make sense. The key is supposed to bring me to a sacred place with an long forgotten item of pre-nerfed power, not a glorified garbage dump.
Last edited by WarbornWolf on Apr 21, 2017, 9:50:13 PM
"
DarkWap wrote:
look at my keys

very op much exalts wow

Spoiler

still cant bring myself to sell the keys even though Rng pretty much shits on me 90% of the time
"
Fruz wrote:
"
edgewood wrote:
"
Sisaroth wrote:
This again...

If legacy didn't have reliq keys, people would probably be more positive about legacy league.

I'm still clueless why people think that items that the developers consider unbalanced (why else did they get changed) would be re-introduced in the game in large amounts.

But the main hype for the league was the keys.

Not true imho.
It was for some, yeah.

Was for most people for sure

People were excited to get things like Legacy BOR or Aegis to make builds around

And no, people were not expecting Shavs to rain from the sky

That is what was disappointing

You open you a Relic, you get a fucking Wondertrap
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
OP, you're making the correct choice. You've already donated far more than your share. Let the newcomers pay up for the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info