Trying to make Freezing Pulse build. HALP PLZZ

I want to make a Freezing pulse build with the Sire of Shards and the Freezing Pulse jewels (First Snow Cobalt Jewel

I was wondering if:
1) A good idea?
2) How to deal with single targets?
3) Deadeye for projectiles or Inquisitor for elemental damage or Other? (Elementalist seemed to have the damage spread out between the diff elements for me...not specific enough to Cold)
4) Any other thoughts?

Would really appreciate thoughts!

P.S. If there are any awesome FP builds out there already, links appreciated
Last edited by infrasonicreturns on Apr 19, 2017, 10:19:30 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2017, 3:20:11 PM
"

I was wondering if:
1) A good idea?

My opinion: Yes.
"
2) How to deal with single targets?

If you stack enough damage your clear skill can also be your single-target. Maybe grab a damage Totem of some sort (moar freeze pulse novas!) and/or use Frost Bomb to lower resists.

"
3) Deadeye for projectiles or Inquisitor for elemental damage or Other? (Elementalist seemed to have the damage spread out between the diff elements for me...not specific enough to Cold)

I like Inquisitor.

"
4) Any other thoughts?

Have fun!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Wouldn't totem take away from damage? Don't I want to be in the middle of the monsters?
"
Wouldn't totem take away from damage?
Why would it? With totem you'd have 100% of your dps + additional 65-75% of it from a totem.
Or you mean mobs will be aggroed at the totem? Well, first, you can put it near you, and second, they don't aggro on totems anymore, they prefer our chars :/
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 19, 2017, 10:02:59 PM
Yeah, you know, I was responding about your question regarding single target damage, so it's a little odd to worry about plural monsters in that case :p

Perhaps you have some wrong notion about Totems from reading the Ancestral Bond Keystone? All characters have a natural Totem allowance of 1 before bonuses, and having Totems out does not prevent your character from dealing her own damage. So the way you gain "100% of your dps + 65-75% of it from a totem" is that you spend 1 second or so placing a Totem, and then that Totem automatically Casts at nearby enemies by itself. After that 1 second, you are free to run around and Cast your own Spells. You end up effectively having 2 casters' power: your own + your totem's.

Well, it's easy to hop in game and test it for yourself. It's probably easier understood by play than by reading text.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Freezing Pulse can have pretty bad damage and high mana cost, but it have good scaling. You might want to go Low Life and find a solution for the mana cost.
"
Hizsoo wrote:
Freezing Pulse can have pretty bad damage and high mana cost, but it have good scaling. You might want to go Low Life and find a solution for the mana cost.

So basically, if I take care of the mana cost by using upped Elreon rings, do you think its feasible in terms of damage in later game?
I am thinking of adding totems as suggested, but will I need an additional form of damage+mitigation to survive end game?
Last edited by infrasonicreturns on Apr 21, 2017, 11:16:38 AM
"
"
Hizsoo wrote:

So basically, if I take care of the mana cost by using upped Elreon rings, do you think its feasible in terms of damage in later game?
I am thinking of adding totems as suggested, but will I need an additional form of damage+mitigation to survive end game?

SoS Pulse Nova sounds like a Blasphemy build to me. Blasphemy Warlord's Mark would be good sustain for the build in general and handle your mana issues without having to sacrifice jewelry for crappy Elreon trinkets, or pay six fortunes for non-crappy Elreon trinkets. Just don't run Hexproof maps, eh?

Will admit, have been tinkering with Pulse Nova build plans myself. Can confirm Deadeye is bad - almost all of its good stuff is specifically projectile attack, so that's a nonstarter. Problem is that nothing else really stands out as being particularly awesome for Pulse Nova. Perhaps pseudo-Low Life Flaskfinder with Coruscating Elixir? I've been meaning to try that anyways, and Coruscating Elixirs are about a billion times cheaper than Shav's. Get some Retch action going on this league and watch your flask durations go into the Downright Silly range, but even Mathil the God of All Builds (so far as this place is concerned anyways) says that Coruscating Elixir Low-Life is rippy, if surprisingly viable when you don't flub keeping your Elixir up.

Definitely something to consider, I'd think - especially since C.Elixir Low-Life can spend half an ex on a chestpiece with twice the ES of Shav's and get running on a fraction of the normal LL build cost, and a Pulse Nova version doesn't need ten exalts' worth of crazy Stibnite flasks either. Might fiddle with it and get a prototype tree posted up in here later for other folks to pick at.

UPDATE: Mebbe something like this, on first pass: Build Thingus

VERY rough, a good bit scattered, and also level flippin' 90 so not terribly feasible, but heck if I know what to trim. Nevertheless. Non-crit Flaskfinding Pulse Nova, trying to pick up just enough spell crit chance to comfortably maintain Elemental Overload without needing Orb of Storms nonsensery. Run dual Blasphemy on mana, Warlord's Mark and whatever else works for you, then run Discipline and Clarity on Blood magic for low-life, trim the Clarity's level as needed with Blood Magic level and precise life total to stay right on the Low-Life threshold. Even with low mana investment you should have plenty of mana to cast with, and enough aura radius investment for Blasphemy to feel slightly less awful. Flaskfinder ends up with actually pretty great freeze chances on point-blank Pulse with a flask up (and you will ALWAYS have a flask up or you're Flaskfinding wrong), so that's cool defense as well. If your other curse is Frostbite you should honestly have very good Freeze chances on your pulse out to a pretty decent range.

I think this may honestly be a Project for when I need something intriguing to do later.
Last edited by 1453R on Apr 21, 2017, 12:05:47 PM
Thanks that looks interesting...will give it a try...but flask piano is a little meh
"
Thanks that looks interesting...will give it a try...but flask piano is a little meh

Tree converts easily enough to CI, then you can run a similar set-up on Raider sans the Pain Attunement. You'd lose some damage, probably some swagga as well, but Raider is at least partially functional on damn near anything. Could also try building an Assassin Crit tree, which would have the benefit of freezing just about literally everything, but Assassins are terribly boring and not at their best without their brokesauce doubled Poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info