Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
Miská wrote:

I sometimes pull the map out because I forgot leaguestones or sextants. Are you saying I should be banned for that?

You are not gaining from the act, nor are you avoiding a cost.

If you can't see the difference, you're not worth discussing this with.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I sometimes pull the map out because I forgot leaguestones or sextants. Are you saying I should be banned for that?

You are not gaining from the act, nor are you avoiding a cost.

If you can't see the difference, you're not worth discussing this with.

Ofcourse I am gaining from it. I get to put on the stuff I forgot to put on hence the reason I pulled it out. It is hilarious though that people like yourself are mixing into this discussion without even having a clue what MT forcing is about.
"
Miská wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Did anyone provided any decent argument why pulling off map from map device is not intended mechanics?

Why would pulling maps out from the device be intended? You clicked "Activate" so the map is supposed to disappear and portals pop up.

Unless you have another meaning for the word activate...

Not at all. That's likely the reason that you could take the map out after selecting 'Activate' in the first place.

In fact, depending on how the bug was fixed you might be one of the people who end up suffering from those players who made clever use of that game mechanic.

Come to think of it, can you still take the map out after selecting 'Activate' or was that how they stopped people from doing the exploit?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 23, 2017, 9:50:11 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

There is also some panic about mundane everyday actions becoming bannable offence out of the blue just because GGG have rights to do so and has quite shady point of view on a lot of stuff.

Jesus Christ.
People DELIBERATELY aboarted the loading of the map after they noticed the asociated loading time, so they could create a circumstance with MT, which otherwise only occurs if you'd be extremely lucky. (ie. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifier:MapAtlasStrongboxMonstersEnrageAndDrops http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifier:MapAtlasStrongboxesAreCorruptedAndUnided)

Thats not a "mundane everyday action", that is a deliberate attempt to exploit a weakness in the system. And it is not a "game mechanic" because you dont exactly place DD totems on your map device to destroy the map or something.

You use loading time as an attempt to make something that is, by design, random not random anymore.

You'd have to be a complete moron to think thats okay and intended.
"
Cataca wrote:

Thats not a "mundane everyday action", that is a deliberate attempt to exploit a weakness in the system. And it is not a "game mechanic" because you dont exactly place DD totems on your map device to destroy the map or something.

You use loading time as an attempt to make something that is, by design, random not random anymore.

You're right, of course. But it seems that some people in here make it out to be "their right as a customer to exploit everything exploitable". It seems like they will try to justify everything they can, to milk as much "gain" as they can in this game. And when it becomes bannable, they whine about that too, because if they stop exploiting the exploit, some of the people that keep on using it, might get away with it. It's kinder garden logic 101.

It IS an exploit. The makers of the game says it's an exploit. It's bannable. You are not supposed to be able to do this. I don't see why we are debating whether it's this or that when it's that clear.

Thinking you have the right to be able to make random shit not random, does not mean you're allowed to.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

You're right, of course. But it seems that some people in here make it out to be "their right as a customer to exploit everything exploitable". It seems like they will try to justify everything they can, to milk as much "gain" as they can in this game. And when it becomes bannable, they whine about that too, because if they stop exploiting the exploit, some of the people that keep on using it, might get away with it. It's kinder garden logic 101.

It IS an exploit. The makers of the game says it's an exploit. It's bannable. You are not supposed to be able to do this. I don't see why we are debating whether it's this or that when it's that clear.

Thinking you have the right to be able to make random shit not random, does not mean you're allowed to.

How about you stop acting like a sheep and listen to some of the constructive feedback that has been gathering up after the nerf. Nobody is arguing wether it's an exploit or not. It's about what MT was when you were able to proc it consistently. It was a nice addition to the game. An actual fun Prophecy (barely any of them do anything really). It wasn't even that lucrative compared to other farm methods in the game.
Reminder: There is a difference between game mechanics and technical mechanics.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Miská wrote:

How about you stop acting like a sheep and listen to some of the constructive feedback that has been gathering up after the nerf. Nobody is arguing wether it's an exploit or not. It's about what MT was when you were able to proc it consistently. It was a nice addition to the game. An actual fun Prophecy (barely any of them do anything really). It wasn't even that lucrative compared to other farm methods in the game.

I am listening, I'm just not agreeing with everything. And yes, if you take the time to read posts in this thread, there are MANY people arguing that this isn't an exploit, but rather "clever use of game mechanics". So instead of telling me lies, read. And to sum it up; you used the word "nobody".

I don't see many (notice, I don't use the word nobody) debating whether you SHOULD be able to decide when to proc prophecies. They debate whether you SHOULD be able to exploit it or not. That is another discussion. Following the OP, this is about what you said "nobody" is debating.

Give me the direct chance to decide when to proc a prophecy? Maybe a little bit OP, but I'll take it. Exploit the chance to do so, when you're told it's against the rules? No.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I am listening, I'm just not agreeing with everything. And yes, if you take the time to read posts in this thread, there are MANY people arguing that this isn't an exploit, but rather "clever use of game mechanics". So instead of telling me lies, read. And to sum it up; you used the word "nobody".

I don't see many (notice, I don't use the word nobody) debating whether you SHOULD be able to decide when to proc prophecies. They debate whether you SHOULD be able to exploit it or not. That is another discussion. Following the OP, this is about what you said "nobody" is debating.

Give me the direct chance to decide when to proc a prophecy? Maybe a little bit OP, but I'll take it. Exploit the chance to do so, when you're told it's against the rules? No.

It's starting to mix in with the people that feel like GGG should make it much more clear what is actually an exploit and what isn't. Just because something is an exploit (You only know this because GGG stated so) doesn't mean it can also be a clever use of game mechanics. GGG is completely random what they mark as an exploit and what not. I'm getting abit tired of people just jumping the bandwagon copying GGG without even having a clue what they are talking about.
This thread is such nonsense. It's why we have "or no reason at all" in the terms of service. They don't want to deal with people who make silly arguments to try to justify cheating. It's people like this that make me never play online multiplayer games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info