[solved] Ylfeban's Trickery (Standard) - Divine Orb Bug

As per title:

I need to know if there's anything I can do to change it to what it's supposed to be; a "20% chance to create" is vastly inferior to a guaranteed "cast shocked ground on hit" for two reasons:

1) Cast shocked ground is affected by socketed support gems (increased aoe, duration etc)

2) It is guaranteed, which is significantly more reliable than a 20% chance when hit

Technical staff or any GMs, please help; I spent 4 exalteds and 1 divine, and those currencies weren't easy for me to accumulate. It was rather disappointing to see the end result, as I definitely won't be using it in my build without the guaranteed and supportable cast. :/
Last edited by RequiemSG on Apr 18, 2017, 9:23:38 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2017, 7:53:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's mislabeled in the patch notes. Divines, as the description states, can only reroll a modifier to have a different value - modifiers cannot be changed wholesale.
While I'm inclined to agree with you under normal circumstances, the mod "curse enemies on hit" was changed wholesale to "curse uncursed enemies on hit", which is a change in the mod itself, and not the values alone.

Hence, i think it more likely that rather than it being mislabelled, it was intended to work, but the coding went haywire somewhere along the lines.

Edit: To add on to why I feel it wasn't a simple case of mislabelling, take for example other items that were changed a lot (certain values added, removed, etc) and that divine orbs wouldn't work on them (e.g Incadescent Heart).

If one were to use a divine orb on the legacy version of such an item, it would re-roll the values of its mods based on its legacy ranges, ignoring any new changes.

However, you can see in the picture above that for the case of Ylfeban's Trickery, this is not the case. When a divine orb was used, it re-rolled one of the mods into the new mod, but the other became some sort of hybrid (i.e. it completely broke from it's legacy ranges and mods).

Thus again, I feel it's not mislabelled, but rather mis-coded.
Last edited by RequiemSG on Apr 17, 2017, 9:50:25 PM
Someone told me the new Ylfebans has a 5 second cooldown on the shocked ground cast, while the old version has no cooldown, so in some scenarios the old version may be better (not 100% sure about this)
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
RequiemSG wrote:
While I'm inclined to agree with you under normal circumstances, the mod "curse enemies on hit" was changed wholesale to "curse uncursed enemies on hit", which is a change in the mod itself, and not the values alone.
That was changed by the patch, not the divine orb. Vipermagi is correct. This was an unfortunate mistake in the Patch Notes. Divine Orbs can only ever change the value of the stat(s) granted by mods, never which stats they are. They do not have and have never had special coding to do special things to uniques.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 18, 2017, 8:24:42 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
RequiemSG wrote:
That was changed by the patch, not the divine orb. Vipermagi is correct. This was an unfortunate mistake in the Patch Notes. Divine Orbs can only ever change the value of the stat(s) granted by mods, never which stats they are. They do not have and have never had special coding to do special things to uniques.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Mark. It's nice to have closure on this issue. I will still harbouring the hope until now that perhaps it could be updated to the new version.

Does it mean that from now on Ylfeban's will have two 'updated' versions? In that, one will have 20% chance to create shocked ground on hit (from divining legacy ylfebans), and the other that casts shocked ground?
Assuming this is intended, if you still want to get an Ylfeban's with the Cast Level 10 Shocked Ground when Hit mod, it might be easiest to create a Legacy Hardcore character, farm a bit (seems to range from 20-55c, not a common item but also not highly in demand), and then RIP it to Standard. That would get it soonest. Otherwise, get one in LSC (35c) and wait until the end of the league.
"
dyfrgi wrote:
Assuming this is intended, if you still want to get an Ylfeban's with the Cast Level 10 Shocked Ground when Hit mod, it might be easiest to create a Legacy Hardcore character, farm a bit (seems to range from 20-55c, not a common item but also not highly in demand), and then RIP it to Standard. That would get it soonest. Otherwise, get one in LSC (35c) and wait until the end of the league.

i actually considered doing just that haha... but i decided to do the latter (bought on in LSC and now am waiting for league to end ^^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info