What are the god damn chances?

Been playing since closed beta on and off, pretty much every second or third league, got like 10 characters level 75-90 and a few others all over the levels.

Havent been able to 6 link anything, or seen any 6link drop apart from Tabula.

Friend with much more luck (Has 6 linked wayyy too many items), 6 linked an item next to me on the first fusing of the day, i raged and instantly since i had the tab open i raged and went to spam a few fusings on the item i had in the Currency tab.

Voila, first fusing, 6 link.

Literally less than 3 seconds apart.

This is not luck.

Is the god damn algorithm based on time of what the hell?
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2017, 5:14:58 AM
The chance was 100%. Because it happened.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
It's always only took one fusing to 6L any item.. The trick is finding that one fuse that 6L the item. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
1-in-1500 give or take
In over 2600 hours of play, I've found one and linked none. IIRC I've bought 1.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
iam pretty sure its based on time,
ive seen a few other things

2 yellow jewels drop for 2 different people with EXACT SAME STATS .. within like 2 mins
ooh quicksilver transmuting and me and buddy get EXACT SAME MODS .. within like 20 secs

and uh.. there was a few other things .. those were most recent

ooh and cadiro deals seem to be time based .. within same hour

they said Chris or devs or someone that they "play with rng drop chances all the time"
.. so i think maybe certain time of day or once in awhile they'll make something super rare relatively very common for like 30 mins or something like that
on a wednesday, at 2pm .. or something like that
Last edited by CaoMengde on Apr 16, 2017, 2:02:25 AM
I tend to believe that game server assigns random seeds to items, which are unknown to us and they determine outcome of fusing/transmuting/alching/chancing/rolls through an algorithm which interprets those random seeds for us ingame.

Simmilar how one guy has shown that certain onyx amulets will always have certain rolls when upgraded to star of wraeclast.
Spreading salt since 2006
Fuck RNG. I refuse to ever attempt to 6 link again. I 6 linked my Shavs with 1500 fuse at the bench. Not getting fucked again. Amazing luck though, 1 fuse wow.
Its only RNG.
I only found one 6link item in my history(not counting tabula) and i played every league (90+ chars minimum).
But i 6linked myself hundreds items. From my experience it was : before quality change like 1100 fusings and after change like 700 fusings.
I remember moments where shav was worth like 50ex and i spent 3500+ fusings ( dont remember exact number but it was fun tellin friends : OMG another 10ex worth fusings and still no 6l) but i remember also that 2 fusings in 2nd day of 1month league gave me 6l. Also last league, essence i used like 50 fus to 6link and was attempting only to get 5l.
Pure rng

iam pretty sure its based on time,

This is the correct answer, but not for the reason you think. On a long enough timeline, everything that is possible will eventually happen.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info