New form of trade trolling?

So I have 1 item up for sale for approx. 275c. Not a hugely popular item that sells quickly but it is worth it and at 275c I'm close to the lowest prices on poe.trade (other than obvious price fixers).

I keep getting really low balled. Fine, used to it.

But I started to get the auto whispers from poe.trade, invite the guy, go back to hideout. And then I wait, and the guy never comes to my hideout.

them: yeah what do you want?
me: you whispered me for this item.
them: what?
me: you just sent me a pm for this item at this price.
them: no I didn't
me: ???

Great waste of 2-3min, exiting maps all the time and waiting around in hideout.

Price fixers and flippers I can understand, but what does this now form of trolling accomplish other than being a fucking dick and wasting people's time?

Last bumped on Apr 15, 2017, 10:27:29 PM
Probably took you 2-3 minutes to log out, come to the forum, type up your complaint, and then read my reply. Great waste of time.

Probably just a bit of confusion. People are using macros/cut-paste to make trades... this guy might have offered by accident. Not likely trolling. He would have "Ha-ha"ed you or something if he was trolling.

He might have just been price-checking to see if your offer was genuine.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 15, 2017, 10:13:13 AM
Sometimes people fire off multiple requests with the expectation that a percentage of sellers won't reply, although that usually occurs on lower priced items. I don't think I've had someone troll me like you describe but since the league started I've had a few people request a purchase with the wrong league selected. I've done it myself a couple times followed by an apology. Invite them to group before you head back to your HO to confirm they are at least in the right league.
Didn't happen only once. I figured at first people had those auto-whoops from poe trade but after a few it's annoying to exit maps and sit around.

And I'm not at home playing so all my forum time is wasted time really.
I've been in that situation many times. Just get used to it. Many people are so indecent they don't bother to reply you.
Would inviting them to party and waiting until you see them arrive at your HO be at least a partially effective way to reduce the impact they have on your time? Just like email scammers don't go the extra mile to provide a phone number, I imagine the trollers will troll only up to a point as to not waste their own time.
lol I do this all the time to people that I see are doing maps .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info