really enjoying this game but

my question is very simple and you can take it as a troll or a legit actualized question, I don't care either way lol. Why is every npc in some way shape and or form a reskin of a diablo franchise monster mob. the only actual non rip off npcs are the bosses, which I will give credit are very well thought out and kinda ingenious. I mean I am just curious. I still like this game a lot and its very fun but did GGG like just say well lets just steal all of Blizzards monster mobs, reskin them, rename them and claim that they belong to us. That is kinda shady
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2017, 3:07:11 AM
I am happy to see though and its very funny that this game has fuckin drop bears . HAHA DROP BEARS

Ok.
Think of monster types in an ARPG more like a restaurant menu. It's quite nice to go to a restaurant and find something new, or to see the establishment put their own unique spin on something, but there are certain staple foods you are going to find. Steak. Burger. Pasta. Salad. Chicken.

Zombies and skeletons are the chicken and burgers of the ARPG monster menu.
Is Diablo 3 the only other RPG you've ever played?

Skeletons and Zombies are a fantasy trope, you see it in D&D, Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, etc. all the time, it probably dates back to ancient myths of the dead

similarly Goatmen have been around far longer than Diablo franchise, they're usually called Satyrs and they appear in D&D as well

Bats, wolves, spiders, these are all creatures imagined to be aggressive in real life, and also appear in countless other rpgs, including D&D, Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, etc.

---

on the other hand I have not seen Water Elementals in D3, nor spiderskeleton folks, nor RomaNazi soldiers, nor squidwards and squidmoms, nor groundworms that actually have plated skin, teeth, eyes, and arms....

what other "NPCs" could you be referring to?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Is Diablo 3 the only other RPG you've ever played?

Skeletons and Zombies are a fantasy trope, you see it in D&D, Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, etc. all the time, it probably dates back to ancient myths of the dead

similarly Goatmen have been around far longer than Diablo franchise, they're usually called Satyrs and they appear in D&D as well

Bats, wolves, spiders, these are all creatures imagined to be aggressive in real life, and also appear in countless other rpgs, including D&D, Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, etc.

---

on the other hand I have not seen Water Elementals in D3, nor spiderskeleton folks, nor RomaNazi soldiers, nor squidwards and squidmoms, nor groundworms that actually have plated skin, teeth, eyes, and arms....

what other "NPCs" could you be referring to?

NAH I have played a lot of em. I mean again I do like this game but it just feels like a shadow of the diablo franchise. Im not used to f2p games, im used to games were you either pay for it up front and or pay a subscription and you get everything and CONTINUAL updates. not like this were you as I have read have bene waiting 3 years for this oriath update. im used to boom, boom, boom. Ya I know some things are staples in everything, that's understandable. I have friends that play this that are like you should put in with micro, I keep telling them that at this time the game just isn't worth that much of my time to be dropping some bank. Maybe down the line if it improves ill contribute to the cause but at this current moment this is fun and all but its to me a game to play when either my raids in wow aint running, my friends on grim dawn or d3 aint online or im am just that damn bored.
As I said earlier though they get props tho. I mean im American but ive seen and known of them, they put drop bears in this game. haha that just makes me die of laughter
I am kinda sad tho, I asked ggg if they would let me write the code for a small lightweight dps meter for this game and I said I wouldn't even charge them anything or ask for anyting. they declined this.
"
HateFist wrote:

Ok.

Terrible quality on that picture bruh
Um..PoE has updates more often than diablo by MILES...they charge you nothing (meanwhile people have to pay just for a new character on diablo) this game has massively more content. The customization of characters in poe is light years ahead of dialo.

TL;DR PoE is free with 10x the content of diablo.
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info