Is 3.0 gonna be all-summoners-all-the-time?

Reading these changes seem opee AF. Not that summoners are bad now - if you go to necro forums plenty do shaper and highest contents right now but I think even moreso come patch. I think people just dont like the play style so GGG is buffing it to attract more to play it not that its under powered.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 13, 2017, 12:06:10 AM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2017, 2:56:40 AM
They're fucking terrible right now like the ONLY reason why there even viable right now are two things the golem jewel which is expensive af and poison animate weapon's minions anything poison really other then that there SO FUCKING B A D.

Oh and SRS is decent too even if there stupid as well.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 13, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
The minion damage is probably to bump up the lost power of minions after double dipping poison is fixed
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
How bout these Cannibal Fire-Eaters scepters?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814091

Git R Dun!
but they did not do much to the A.I. as of yet so summoners are still going to have issues. They just got to make the minions more aggressive and give them a small boost in movement speed.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
While I think some people might flock to summoner type builds, I doubt it will blow up that much. Most people don't want to deal with AI minions doing all the work for you. People would rather feel more in control.
I don't see summoners ever being a super-popular meta class, for two simple reasons:

- a ton of micromanagement to play them - most players, myself included, dislike that
- most ARPG players want their character to feel powerful, not a puppet master with power by proxy
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
but they did not do much to the A.I. as of yet so summoners are still going to have issues. They just got to make the minions more aggressive and give them a small boost in movement speed.

A fair point, that's the major issue with minions. Not so much the damage or clear speed potential of these builds.
Anytime I start a zombie/skellie summoner, I give up at around lvl 30 out of sheer frustration. You can stay afk with crowd of zombies surrounding you, and if you get attacked by a mob, fuckers just watch. In a fight, they don't even try to defend you if the aggro is on you.
Not to mention AI of golems without the gem.

It's safe to say PoE has the worst minion AI of all the aRPGs I've played or know about.
Without this being changed, summoners will revolve around srs, animate weapon, and whatnot, but not the classic summoner setup.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I think people trying to claim summoners are bad are summoner players playing themselves fishing for buffs. Summoners are very powerful now imo. Zombies are really strong.
Summoners can do endgame content, nowhere near as reliably or efficiently as other endgame builds.

These changes are just bringing summoners up to par somewhat, but they will still be slower than other meta builds which is fine, its a play-style choice. Some long overdue QoL changes coming is nice.

"
Atech2 wrote:
I think people trying to claim summoners are bad are summoner players playing themselves fishing for buffs. Summoners are very powerful now imo. Zombies are really strong.

they hit hard sure. vs a target they have to find, run up to and take a swing at.

By the time they do that, a meta build is already 2 screens away. Not to mention endgame bosses just need to sneeze in their general direction. Imagine if the popular meta builds were forced to unequip their weapons each time the boss looked at them? pretty inconvenient. that what having to resummon stuff is like, *IF* you can resummon it.
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 13, 2017, 7:46:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info