Vaal Spark NOOB Question... pls help

Hi everyone...

yes call me a noob. But please answer me this question:

HOW on earth does lightning damage "freeze" or even "chill". How do you "shatter" an enemy for power charges?!

I´m using
and I´m running herald of ice. But even if I watch closely and walk a whole dried lake map, cast spark at every enemy... they just drop dead. They don´t chill, freeze or shatter.

I´m pretty frustrated at the moment. Spent a whole lot of currency for my new "vaal sparker" because I liked the videos so much. I´ve watched so called "Guides" by Ziz, ZiggyD, LiftingNerd, CuteDog and so on.
Not one of them explains, HOW to get that build to work.

Now - what am I missing?!

Thanks for any help....
Last edited by IamLoco on Mar 29, 2017, 10:48:40 AM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2017, 10:51:18 AM
Also, no such thing as 3 dragons (your cold dmg cannot freeze...) etc.
I´m really clueless.
Is the question too hard or too easy?
Dude... just give me a clue please!

Why - with this ring - does my lightning dmg not chill or freeze? And how do you shatter an enemy?
Pretty sure your spells should just be shocking thats it.
Yep, shocking. But why does every vaal spark build then need the
?

It´s supposed to trigger the "chill of corruption" gem by shattering enemies and gaining souls by this.

BUT it freaking does NOT HAPPEN.
EDIT: *rant* sorry.
Last edited by IamLoco on Mar 29, 2017, 10:49:06 AM
your damage/crit chance/crit multi is too low, to shatter and enemy you need to freeze it by critting and kill it.
Check a few things.

1. Check your Vaal Spark linked supports, make sure you DO NOT have the Elemental Focus support gem linked to Vaal Spark otherwise you will not be able to inflict status ailments to enemies i.e. freeze, shock and ignite.

2. If you have the Controlled Destruction support gem equipped, your critical strike chance will be greatly reduced, meaning any hits which DO NOT crit will only have the base chance to freeze which is quite low.
Last edited by smittles on Mar 29, 2017, 9:50:27 AM
"
smittles wrote:
Check a few things.

1. Check your Vaal Spark linked supports, make sure you DO NOT have the Elemental Focus support gem linked to Vaal Spark otherwise you will not be able to inflict status ailments to enemies i.e. freeze, shock and ignite.

2. If you have the Controlled Destruction support gem equipped, your critical strike chance will be greatly reduced, meaning any hits which DO NOT crit will only have the base chance to freeze which is quite low.

... I actually DID have an elemental focus linked to it. I´m so stupid. I was SCANNING the whole gear for strange stats that would prevent it but as I was so used to elemental focus support from my witch, I read over that sentence.

It now works.
Thank you so much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info