Looking to Help New Players

Hey guys! When I came to this game from diablo 3 four years ago I started my adventure on hardcore, because I already considered myself a master of the arpg genre. After much research of the game and all its skill gems I decided to go with a self-made burning arrow chain totems with slower projectiles build, but by the 20th character I realised this game was much harder than it seemed. Every one of my characters ended up with only 500 health by level 30, and then I would subsequently RIP on Vaal. (Always had trouble with that smash). On my 54th re-roll I was grinding out ledge at the early (or late wink) hour of 4 am and I wanted to try incorporating whirling blades into my build. I asked around in the GGG provided global chat service if anyone could strike me a deal for a whirling blades gem. Finally after much spam, a friendly player offered me a really good quality (4%) whirling blades gem for only 2 chaos, but upon seeing my poor attire he felt such a sorrow and mercy in his heart that in his great benevolence he decided to take me under his wing. Listen closely as what I'm about to say goes human capacity of generosity. This generous player who's name I would learn to be colll78 decided to offer me one of his most prized possessions, a unique item known as the bramblejack. Merely equipping this majestic item I could feel my power level go through the roof, but his generosity did not stop here. He went so far as to invite me to his party and for the first time in forever helped me clear vaal. As the boss crumbled the feeling of triumph overwhelmed me, but a single tear rolled down my weary cheeks. Victory at last.

Four years later I spend 6 hours every day grinding and theory crafting with my best friend colll78, and I can finally say that I have mastered the world (of wraeclast). Today I have told you this story so that we may spread to you the joy that he once spread to me. After much deliberation and fear of the future, we decided to start up a guild directed at helping newcomers to the game (because no one should rip 50 times on vaal wink) Message either colll78 or myself(walruses) if you would like to learn and grow in the experience that is path of exile.

Thank you,
Walruses
Last edited by Walruses on Mar 28, 2017, 12:51:51 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 1:28:57 PM
A few years ago I did a trade with some Aussie bogan who had been playing the game for a week or so, and ended up taking the time to answer a bunch of his questions. About a month later he was winning races and giving me the answers to questions I didn't even know to ask. I now don't build anything without running it by him on skype first to see what I messed up. Funny how that happens. :s
lol nice.
IGN: NoMerCyy / __DryZzy__
It took me 3 months and 3 characters to finally reach Merciless when I first started. And that was when there was only 3 acts.

Now its about 8-10 hours to get to Merc.

I remember some dude gearing me out... giving me an awesome Eva shield and a Crit Chance ring for my CoC Wander build... changed the game for me... it may even have been Aim_Deep. Not sure though but I know he's been helpful to me in the past.

Even recently, when I started Legacy (my first ever league) I was struggling in Act 3 Normal... just couldn't get any good drops or currency. Some guy was kind enough to just give me 2 chaos so i could buy some Facebreaker gloves.

Was an instant gamechanger. One week later I had 10ex and paid him back 10c. He wasn't expecting it but feelsgoodman.

Offering that lending hand is awesome... good stuff for doing it!

More people should do this kind of stuff.
Four years ago i was really struggling with this game until a generous soul told me to "GIT GUD". I will never forget that man.
"
PayneK wrote:
Four years ago i was really struggling with this game until a generous soul told me to "GIT GUD". I will never forget that man.

oh yea! THAT guy!! i met him too. totally changed my life and gameplay. single most useful advice in the entire game, honestly we could just close down the forums altogether, get rid of all the buildguides and whatnot... GIT GUD is where it's at when you're new.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info