Despite PT's critisism toward GGG when he left POE, GGG paid him a tribute on 3.0

The sad part is that PT had some legit points... but he burrowed them under loads and loads of cringe and elitism. But people are people - they will judge a person as a whole, meaning that if that person said something, it must be bad because of other dumb shit they said. :-@

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I like PT. He's pretentious and annoying but he's usually also right.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
PT was probably the best streamer of PoE. he had his moments of pure stubbornness, but he wasnt afraid to speak his mind and formulated well-constructed logical arguments; and a lot of things I wouldnt agree with him on, usually he made his points concise and well-argumented.

he also knew the game extremely well mechanically (which is actually not something I can say about all streamers out there) and didnt give two shits about meta or playing a strong build (which is something I cant say about MOST streamers OR this cotdamn forum)

anyway, the pic in the op reminded me more of lechuck from MI

He's right but long winded AF. Reminds me of a professor. Anyway too bad he left.

Want old feel back? pack size + Onslaught + Invasion + Beyond gets pretty hairy sometimes. Especially infested by a ghost. Esp SSF. But yeah game is a Joke nowadays until big 6. I miss good old days. If they had an offline version I'd DL the one with first atziri I think. GG was like 21K DPS with arc and you had to run RF to get that! Today 200K is no issue.
Git R Dun!
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Haha yep video in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQzhKk43y0

I tried watching his video, but it's so god damned boring. He clearly enjoys the sound of his own voice, and I want to punch him every time he strokes his shitty homeless man beard.

A load of elitist, I was here first, get off my lawn bull.

1/10 I was happier before I knew he existed.

I actually found it interesting and you know, not frothing at the mouth crazy, like certain unstable internet demagogues like Pewdiepie or Sargon of Akkad or The Amazing Atheist. You know, not actually all that angry or committed to making a big show of it. The fact that he's willing to make contentious arguments and lay out his logic and justifications for it earns him points in my book.

I didn't know about nor care about his divisiveness in the community. I'm only really peripherally aware of internet celebrities as a rule.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Mar 28, 2017, 3:56:22 AM
Tbh PT is a big reason why SSF exists in the game now. Regardless of personality clashes and the like, can't take that away from him.
"
ladish wrote:
Tbh PT is a big reason why SSF exists in the game now. Regardless of personality clashes and the like, can't take that away from him.
I don't know about that. I think his impact there was very minimal aside from the podcast.

I dont know how or why he became some kind of embassador of ssf, when someone like Anuhart probably had way more influence over the time. And it's not like he considered himself this kind of embassador.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Who?

ProjectPT.

He used to stream Path of Exile on Twitch, upload guides to YouTube and was part of the podcast The Lioneye's Watch. When the XB1 port was announced he took his ball and went home.

He was a kind of divisive figure. I'd give his YouTube guides a solid 9/10 - he spoke clearly, was thorough and he had a very deep understanding of the game's mechanics. A good example of this is his guide on the difference between increased and more, which I often link people to.

He was a polarising figure because of his tendency to be blunt to the point of sometimes being obnoxious. When Jonathan Rogers was a guest on the podcast, PT commented on how he was talking and later mocked him on Reddit, which wasn't very well received.

Sorry if the question was insincere. Didn't sleep last night so running on fumes atm.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Who?
you know, that guy who held on to his view, preserved his balls, didn't flip flop, said it once and walked the walk after without resorting to further attention whoring.

but, I can kinda see why this would sound unfamiliar.
"
"
Fuck the manners he deserves shit thrown at him probably worst.

And people like you is why people like him get triggered. I don't see the point in talking to you anyway, since you are obviously not capable of keeping a conversation civil nor respect another person's boundaries.

You degrade him and act all condescending (presumably because of personal reasons, but I don't know you and I also really don't care), which in itself is not only despicable, but also a sign of lack of respect and loss of touch with society.

Whatever your problems may be, don't use other people as your medium for hate and anger. If you want to hate someone, learn to hate yourself. That'd be a proper way to start.

Talking about getting triggered...

To be fair when someones thank you for subbing is something about drinking bleach etc then you would expect him to be able to take a few jabs, unlike his fans apparently. Acting condescending is also something PT did very well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info