Legit currency exchange SSF 3.0

"
Tarille wrote:
You'd just have to think of a way to make it feasible to put SSF characters back into standard without breaking the economy of standard

...and I facepalmed myself, because I completely forgot about the option of SSF being able to switch over to non-SSF.

Yeah, ok, I switch my virtual, meaningless vote and arguments from being for the recipe to against it now. Thanks for the reminder!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 27, 2017, 4:15:32 PM
"
Aziah wrote:
"
Normal512 wrote:
You're asking for a vendor recipe to be added which creates Exalted Orbs. This would drastically increase the amount of Exalts introduced into the world, which would thereby cause drastic inflation. So, you're asking for the economy to be wrecked by inflation so you can get a couple Exalts in SSF league. To say you're fighting a losing battle would be an understatement.

There is no economy in SSF therefore it would have no impact and if you were to make it so SSF loot and items can not be transferred to standard or they can only go to a SSF standard, there would be no issue whatsoever.

SSF leagues are designed so you can opt-out anytime you want. So you basically ask the removal of this opt-out, which will remove one incentive to play in SSF leagues.
There is no reason to allow a player to transfer from SSF to non SSF, make a new character if that is the case. Far easier recipe for success than the alternative.
the game is build around trade, dont expect GGG to cater to your chosen play style
I dont see any any key!
"
Tarille wrote:

You'd just have to think of a way to make it feasible to put SSF characters back into standard without breaking the economy of standard (What's the economy even like in standard anyway? I would have thought it would be really saturated from years worth of characters getting currency and legacy items to trade?)

see
"
AsbelFar wrote:

SSF leagues are designed so you can opt-out anytime you want. So you basically ask the removal of this opt-out, which will remove one incentive to play in SSF leagues.

which i think is wrong. SSF has the appeal of playing the game without the need to trade and inevitably having to overpay for items because top-level players (and cheaters) hoard astronomical amounts of currency and will regularly put up items for sale without actually selling just to rig their market value.

the shitty state of the overall trade system and the greedy toxic behavior of a certain category of players IS the main reason why SSF is a thing and IS the reason why people who were otheriwise considering quitting POE altogether now have a chance at enjoying the game at it's core concept.

SSF forces you to rethink your build and item/currency management. Knowing you won't be able to just trade for that 6L once you've hit level XX and you've grinded the Dry Lake for X hundred hours top get those C's forces people to play different kinds of builds, differently. much like HC forces players to chose certain types of builds over others.

SSF should be a permanent game type. Meaning, there's an SSF and an HC SSF league starting with every league, and at the end of the league the SSF HC and SC League characters transfer over to SSF Standard.
thats it end of story. no transferring characters between ssf and regular. you can always play a char in both, people play HC and SC characters during leagues, so why not the same for SSF?

"
Aziah wrote:
"
habeo wrote:
You forced it upon yourself to be ssf.

Why do people play ssf and still ask for quality of life is beyond me. You can still play normal league but doesnt trade except for high currency to advance yourself.

So SSF is not important? It doesn't deserve quality of life? I can argue that standard doesn't deserve quality of life because its not leagues? How is that fair for standard players?

Because you don't play a league it doesn't deserve fixing? Do you even play SSF? If not your opinion is 100% irrelevant as this does not pertain to you.

Correct. SSF is not important whatsoever from a balance or QOL perspective. It's just there for people who would play that way otherwise. And yes, improving SSF does affect people who play regularly because it would affect the number of people playing the regular leagues.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Tarille wrote:
You'd just have to think of a way to make it feasible to put SSF characters back into standard without breaking the economy of standard

...and I facepalmed myself, because I completely forgot about the option of SSF being able to switch over to non-SSF.

Yeah, ok, I switch my virtual, meaningless vote and arguments from being for the recipe to against it now. Thanks for the reminder!

I started to type out some long-winded response, and you saved me time ;)

"
VDL_ALLCAPS wrote:
"
Tarille wrote:

You'd just have to think of a way to make it feasible to put SSF characters back into standard without breaking the economy of standard (What's the economy even like in standard anyway? I would have thought it would be really saturated from years worth of characters getting currency and legacy items to trade?)

see
"
AsbelFar wrote:

which i think is wrong. SSF has the appeal of playing the game without the need to trade and inevitably having to overpay for items because top-level players (and cheaters) hoard astronomical amounts of currency and will regularly put up items for sale without actually selling just to rig their market value.

the shitty state of the overall trade system and the greedy toxic behavior of a certain category of players IS the main reason why SSF is a thing and IS the reason why people who were otheriwise considering quitting POE altogether now have a chance at enjoying the game at it's core concept.

SSF forces you to rethink your build and item/currency management. Knowing you won't be able to just trade for that 6L once you've hit level XX and you've grinded the Dry Lake for X hundred hours top get those C's forces people to play different kinds of builds, differently. much like HC forces players to chose certain types of builds over others.

SSF should be a permanent game type. Meaning, there's an SSF and an HC SSF league starting with every league, and at the end of the league the SSF HC and SC League characters transfer over to SSF Standard.
thats it end of story. no transferring characters between ssf and regular. you can always play a char in both, people play HC and SC characters during leagues, so why not the same for SSF?

That's a different issue. If it were a completely separate "entity" (a 3rd option when creating a character, with zero crossover into the existing leagues), then we can talk. I, for one, would love a more solo-friendly POE. I've played SSF for years, because I'm very time constrained and I don't care to spend my precious little time playing trading simulator instead of killing monsters. But, I understand the game currently isn't supposed to be SSF friendly, and changes such as a new exalt recipe would have a huge impact on the rest of the game since you can easily transfer leagues.
"
VDL_ALLCAPS wrote:

To be honest, I think this could actually be a thing.

Right now, I understand the ability to opt-out of SSF, it's shiny and new and you're gonna get a ton of standard SC/HC players trying it out and seeing if they like it or not.

So allowing them to get their time back by opting out of SSF and heading back into normal SC/HC leagues makes sense (There was a thread posted not long ago about someone who ended up giving up on SSF because ultimately, the inability to trade for uniques was too much for them)

AFTER this league though? When people have likely figured out if SSF is for them or not?

Then it should theoretically possible to make SSF a permanent state. SSF HC goes to SSF SC goes to SSF Standard. No economy, no trade, no grouping at all for any character who was SSF.

In return, some unique QoL vendors to help ease the process of playing. Currency, Skill Gems and what have you.
Looking at a bunch of privileged elitist playing SSF and ask for exalt recipe.

G E T G O O D

Don't make these kind of embarassing posts about how life is hard in SSF and it needs improvement because life is suppose to be hard in ssf [Removed by Support].

I have no problem with people playing ssf. Just when ssf players act like they got a big dick but whine about the most retarded things, it just blows my mind.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 27, 2017, 6:36:49 PM
"

SSF does affect people who play regularly because it would affect the number of people playing the regular leagues.

should have done something about the bs trade system, the cheating, botting, market manipulation that makes POE almost unplayable at higher character levels for people who are not interested in learning macro enconomy just to play a video game, as well as those of us who don't have 24 hours per day available for grinding and looting.

PoE essentially already has 2 simultaneous player leagues. one for the regular, casual-to-serious gamers, who essentially SSF and then trade for the few top-tier gears they need close to the end-game content. And another one for the uber- and pro-gamer/streamer/ mom's basement dweller community. the latter tier of players benefit from extensive game knowledge and astronomical progression due to played hours. they get first spoils in every new league, and set the market trends for everyone else to follow. the thing is, in the first group, there are many who don't care about rankings, they just want to play the goddamned game. it's right time that GGG recognizes that a huge amount of their client base welcomes the idea of solo-playable game where one does NOT need to trade to gear up for the end game content.

"
Normal512 wrote:
I don't care to spend my precious little time playing trading simulator instead of killing monsters.

this is about the best sum-up of what PoE is like. Yes, trading is a huge part of AARPGs, but then legendary games like Diablo had offline solo play. Both types of gameplay should exist. PoE with it's 3d party trade site, buyable public stash tabs, poe.ninja, forums, and inner-circle economy rigging is like an AARPG with a side dish of Wolf of Wall Street Tycoon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info