Legit currency exchange SSF 3.0

Anyone else can't take SSF serious without some sort of currency exchange from the npc's?

And before people say there already is , I am talking in regards to chaos for exalts and other things not offered by the npcs.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 1:16:53 AM
You forced it upon yourself to be ssf.

Why do people play ssf and still ask for quality of life is beyond me. You can still play normal league but doesnt trade except for high currency to advance yourself.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
habeo wrote:
You forced it upon yourself to be ssf.

Why do people play ssf and still ask for quality of life is beyond me. You can still play normal league but doesnt trade except for high currency to advance yourself.

So SSF is not important? It doesn't deserve quality of life? I can argue that standard doesn't deserve quality of life because its not leagues? How is that fair for standard players?

Because you don't play a league it doesn't deserve fixing? Do you even play SSF? If not your opinion is 100% irrelevant as this does not pertain to you.

Last edited by Aziah on Mar 27, 2017, 3:04:13 PM
I've proposed the exact same thing multiple times since OB and the trade still sucks so much. They don't give a damn about it.

Don't try to convince the White Knights in here, a waste of time. Common sense isn't that common.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
You're asking for a vendor recipe to be added which creates Exalted Orbs. This would drastically increase the amount of Exalts introduced into the world, which would thereby cause drastic inflation. So, you're asking for the economy to be wrecked by inflation so you can get a couple Exalts in SSF league. To say you're fighting a losing battle would be an understatement.
"
Normal512 wrote:
You're asking for a vendor recipe to be added which creates Exalted Orbs. This would drastically increase the amount of Exalts introduced into the world, which would thereby cause drastic inflation. So, you're asking for the economy to be wrecked by inflation so you can get a couple Exalts in SSF league. To say you're fighting a losing battle would be an understatement.

How many exalts are there in the world and why aren't they creating that inflation already? See thread on devaluation.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Normal512 wrote:

There is no economy in SSF therefore it would have no impact and if you were to make it so SSF loot and items can not be transferred to standard or they can only go to a SSF standard, there would be no issue whatsoever.
"
Normal512 wrote:

Non sequitur. There is no economy in SSF. Keep an exalt recipe just for SSF and things would be fine.

That said, I don't play SSF (at least not yet), but fully support an exalt recipe for SSF only. I've played somewhat casually since 2015 and have only ever found 2 or 3 exalts as drops. For SSF, that's silly.

On that note, perhaps there is an Exalt recipe no one, or only a handful of people know about? It could be complicated enough that discovering it by the masses is near-impossible. GGG has enjoyed hiding recipes so far. And I'm not talking about the unprofitable recipe involving a mirror.

Alternatively, there are div cards you can farm for exalts.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 27, 2017, 3:54:07 PM
"
Aziah wrote:

There is no economy in SSF therefore it would have no impact and if you were to make it so SSF loot and items can not be transferred to standard or they can only go to a SSF standard, there would be no issue whatsoever.

i don't see how there is ANY other way than this ^ to interpret the situation. SSF should be a self-contained league variant, the higher drop rates will never influence the 'regular' game economy (which is already complete BS anyhow and could not get any worse imo) and it would make perfect sense to have recipes to allow high-level characters to obtain needed amounts of top-tier currency in the endgame.
as long as it is contained to SSF, normies have no reason to moan about it.

considering they are planning to add entire new acts, there could be simply be new NPCs (vendors and/or masters) that only trade in top-tier currency.
I mean, having a SSF only vendor to trade various currencies wouldn't be so bad.

You'd just have to think of a way to make it feasible to put SSF characters back into standard without breaking the economy of standard (What's the economy even like in standard anyway? I would have thought it would be really saturated from years worth of characters getting currency and legacy items to trade?)

But yeah, the base idea should be fine. A vendor for SSF doesn't have to be global like the Siosa change was.

I mean, other QoL things could exist too, such as being able to purchase rank 1 gems from Siosa (Since they're limited to give them worth in the economy. Which in SSF is non-existent)

I.e. Nothing that is too good for getting an advantage, but some things that are really helpful when you're unable to trade and so are stuck relying on drops only (Which, I feel is fine for uniques and prophecies and the like. That's part of the SSF gameplay. But little things like gems and currency are really annoying to deal with)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info