Saving for an item - Chaos or Exalts?

Hey there.

I'm currently saving up to eventually buy Atziri's Acuity and that's got me wondering how I should rather save up.

Do you gusy prefer raw chaos or exalted orbs when saving up for an item?

Cheers.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 10:39:25 AM
So.. as for today Atziri's Acuity goes for 10ex... start with chaos/then switch to exalts... or you'll be lucky to chance Headhunter - 70 ex price for today and just buy all what you want :)

I had luck last league, got my Headhunter from Jack in the box, and then sold for 75ex :) All you want in just few sec clicking :) Like winn a 1mill in lottery :D
I'm still wondering, though. I'm sitting on about 200 chaos now. Would it be wise to convert those in to exalts for saving up or should I rather keep em as raw chaos?

The value of the chaos you have could go up or down (relative to other currencies), but if something is listed for a price in exalts that's typically the currency that person wants to receive.
"
Fetus wrote:
I'm still wondering, though. I'm sitting on about 200 chaos now. Would it be wise to convert those in to exalts for saving up or should I rather keep em as raw chaos?

Generally for long term saving and inflation protection, exalts are the preferred method.
This is more pronounced at the start of a new league, but even mid-late league the exalt value in chaos keeps creeping upwards (or rather I should say the chaos value slowly falls, as there are more chaos flooding the market).

For this reason, what I will do is convert a couple exalts into chaos at the start of my playtime, then use this for trading/crafting. Then once I am ready to quit, convert the remaining chaos back into exalts.

It seems like a chore, but I've found that even leaving them as chaos overnight I'd lose a couple chaos worth of orbs for no reason (I'd go to sleep with the ratio at 78:1 and then wake up to find it's now 80:1).

Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Fetus wrote:

Well atm in my opinion it doesn't matter anymore since the rate is pretty much steady. I don't think we are gonna see 40-50 Chaos to Ex ratio this league tbh. Although the rate sucks I don't think it's gonna fluctuate much more.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 27, 2017, 10:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info