Noob Help: Gear and Crafting.

Hi, I started playing this game a few weeks ago and yesterday I reached lvl 67 with my witch and finished merciless. My dmg seems to be quite alright, but sometimes I do die pretty fast so I guess I should get myself some better gear. So far I just rolled with whatever I found. Now I have a few noob questions regarding my first gear:

1. With what level should I start looking for endgame gear? Is it already time to get serious about gear or should I keep grinding for a bunch of levels?

2. What is the best way to get my first gear? Craft or Buy?

3. Is there something I have to know about buying gear from other players (regarding scamming and such)?

4. If I want to craft what Item should I start with. Can I just take some random white Item and start hitting it with Orbs or should I take specific Items?

5. About crafting links, should the Item already have most of the wanted links or can I just craft all of them?

Sorry for the noob questions, I hope somebody has the patience to answer me ;)

Sidequestion: What is endgame in this game? Just doing maps or are there other options?
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 3:27:17 AM
"
1. With what level should I start looking for endgame gear? Is it already time to get serious about gear or should I keep grinding for a bunch of levels?

About time, yes. Some high tier gear needs higher levels but you can certainly use 99% of relevant items by 70.

"
2. What is the best way to get my first gear? Craft or Buy?

Buy. Crafting is complicated.

"
3. Is there something I have to know about buying gear from other players (regarding scamming and such)?

Not really, scamming is pretty hard to do in most cases in this game.

"
4. If I want to craft what Item should I start with. Can I just take some random white Item and start hitting it with Orbs or should I take specific Items?

It's complicated. You generally want a nice high-level base item with a high ilvl (item level), and then whether you craft via alch-scour or alt-regal depends on your budget and goals, as well as what the item is. Best avoided for now, until you get the hang of things more.

"
5. About crafting links, should the Item already have most of the wanted links or can I just craft all of them?

For colours and 4-links or lower, you can just do it yourself. 5- and 6-links are usually (though not always) worth just buying pre-linked.

"
Sidequestion: What is endgame in this game? Just doing maps or are there other options?

Mostly maps. There is also the boss rush type stuff (Atziri, Labyrinth, Shaper).

Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Ok, than I will start buying some items. Thank you very much for the reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info