Shaper quest line got me killed, how to opt out/avoid starting it

Finally managed to get my Haku to 7 today (because he's the only one showing up in my maps), so all giddy that I was, I go through act 2, and 3 to invite the remaining masters to my hideout.

This was a fatal mistake.
Talking to Zana, which the game had been prompting me to do for the past week and a half as I was mapping freely with no trouble, started the dumb, heart-attack-inducing cutscene and random-map-boss-buffing quest line that ultimately brought me my first character death in 2 something leagues.

I want to make sure that the next character I bring to maps won't fall prey to the same bullshit.
How do I opt out? How do I avoid it?

What am I supposed to do? Am I doomed to never be able to do Zana dailies or buy anything from her ever again?

Also, that damn cutscene literally almost gave me a heart attack more than once on more than one character.
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
You learn from your death, prepare for next time and overcome the obstacle. That's how.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I got oneshot from the shaper orbs at the end of the 10 second cutscene.

Should I just alt-F4 the second I see that damn cutscene? Should I stop doing bosses in fear of that fucking buff?
There's nothing to learn here other than "Don't talk to Zana"

There's a reason why I haven't died in two leagues and it's because I learned from my past mistakes and I avoided making them again. I didn't do anything wrong except wish to have Zana in my hideout.
Last edited by PrivateRiem on Mar 26, 2017, 2:23:26 PM
"
PrivateRiem wrote:
I got oneshot from the shaper orbs at the end of the 10 second cutscene.

Should I just alt-F4 the second I see that damn cutscene? Should I stop doing bosses in fear of that fucking buff?
There's nothing to learn here other than "Don't talk to Zana"

Ever thought about avoiding them? Not like it's hard
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
As you already made up your mind, there is indeed nothing for you to learn here.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
As you already made up your mind, there is indeed nothing for you to learn here.

I learned that there's no way to opt out of the quest storyline. I'm just gonna ban Zana.
They gave maps a storyline to keep players engaged in playing beyond the three campaign playthroughs. You can't "opt out" of it any more than you can opt out of killing dominus.

And seriously, if you can't take Mythabril's sensible advice of learning and adjusting then I wonder how you ever got to maps in the first place.
Dude, in case you do not get the sarcasm of the remarks going on here...Since I do not use sarcasm anyway.

Do you realize that the Zana/Shaper questline does not make maps harder?
It makes some of the bosses harder. Once.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info