When will the death exp penalty be removed?

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Dying should (at minimum) take your xp down to 0 for the level you are currently on. If you can't go a level without dying, you are playing content above the ability of yourself and your character.

I would totally agree to that only if:
- you couldnt write/read/use any game guide (except for mechanic explanation and item/skill databases)
- you couldnt copy -paste anybody else build
- no streamers would teach people how to play
- game would be balanced well

Otherwise, every idiot can just copy paste any facerolling gamebreaking build and not die. Thats not a player skill. Remove guides and lets see how many smart people do we have here(only small % of human population is capable of logical thinking in oder to do so, under 10%). So yeah, good luck with that, otherwise you can brag about imagined achievement you do here :P
Last edited by herflik on Mar 26, 2017, 3:00:14 PM
Seems there's a lot of ePeen being thrown around in this thread...

People wanting SC to become HC so they can feel pro-1337 without having to actually commit to HC...

Games gotta be fun yo. This means for some people, they play HC and can show off proof that they have not died once on their character.

For others this means playing SC, if they don't want to deal with the one life aspect of HC for whatever reason (Lag, crashes, player skill, not wanting to play ultra-safe 100% of the time etc)

A punishment for dying is good. It makes death feel impactful. If it's fair it won't make you feel like you're wasting your time.

But something ridiculously harsh is stupid.

What next? "Dying in SC should delete your game so you have to re-install it again"
"Also, it'll fry your hard drive so you have to get a new one"
"It'll also ban your IP address so you have to move house"

Guys, if you want your ePeen, go play HC.

If you already play HC, then what the F do you care about SC players? They're not in your game so what does it matter if they're playing "Above the ability of their character"?
I hate the way is scales (or doesn't scale). 10% of a level is no big deal when starting Merciless, you recover that very quickly, 30 mins or so. But 10% of a level at L90+ is horrible, can take forever to get that back.

I'd like some kind of scaling that penalises you based on your Exp/Hr. Something like 3 hours play would be "reasonable", I wouldn't grump too much about it. Enough to say "fuckit", not enough to start screaming and rage-quitting!
"
Mal_function wrote:
I hate the way is scales (or doesn't scale). 10% of a level is no big deal when starting Merciless, you recover that very quickly, 30 mins or so. But 10% of a level at L90+ is horrible, can take forever to get that back.

I'd like some kind of scaling that penalises you based on your Exp/Hr. Something like 3 hours play would be "reasonable", I wouldn't grump too much about it. Enough to say "fuckit", not enough to start screaming and rage-quitting!

You need to quit then before your level 90+ hits. Start a new character. There's no reason to play a game you feel horrible about.
I don't feel horrible about the game, I feel horrible about taking lots of hours to catch up after some random instakill.
"
Mal_function wrote:
I don't feel horrible about the game, I feel horrible about taking lots of hours to catch up after some random instakill.

That's the game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Mal_function wrote:

That's the game.

I know...
Why would they remove the system that rewards you for not dying?
Not a signature.
Hardcore mode is already available for those that dont like to play with a 10% exp penalty on death.
"
Tarille wrote:
Seems there's a lot of ePeen being thrown around in this thread...

People wanting SC to become HC so they can feel pro-1337 without having to actually commit to HC...

Games gotta be fun yo. This means for some people, they play HC and can show off proof that they have not died once on their character.

For others this means playing SC, if they don't want to deal with the one life aspect of HC for whatever reason (Lag, crashes, player skill, not wanting to play ultra-safe 100% of the time etc)

A punishment for dying is good. It makes death feel impactful. If it's fair it won't make you feel like you're wasting your time.

But something ridiculously harsh is stupid.

What next? "Dying in SC should delete your game so you have to re-install it again"
"Also, it'll fry your hard drive so you have to get a new one"
"It'll also ban your IP address so you have to move house"

Guys, if you want your ePeen, go play HC.

If you already play HC, then what the F do you care about SC players? They're not in your game so what does it matter if they're playing "Above the ability of their character"?

BECAUSE even if you are in SC this is Path oF Exile AND not D III. This must be hard even in SC, hard you know ? Hard is mostly not fun but more rewarding if you succeed. It's not easy to reach lev 100 even in SC, that's the game as it is and should be...
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info