When will the death exp penalty be removed?

Never.
if they don't want ppl to reach lvl 100, they should make the max level 99
Right after the trading improvements.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Experience Penalty is already removed. You just have to employ DDD tactics (Don't Die, Dummy).

As far as experience penalty goes, well it's fine. Just don't die and you'll be a-okay. No death penalty would mean you could just do content you have no business attempting by just throwing bodies at it (Especially with full flask refills upon respawn)

Heck, when I first started playing, that's how I got through Normal with crappy builds. Tough fights I'd just throw myself at while spamming flasks until I succeeded.

I mean, it sounds like levels 95+ kind of sucks due to the 20% experience loss from Merc, exacerbated by the abysmal experience gain at that point, but that just seems to be primarily the experience gain being an issue rather than the death penalty (IFAIK experience gain at that point was nerfed? So that streamers took 1 more day to hit level 100 or something?)

But yeah, death penalty is good. You should want to fear dying. Experience loss is practical and effective. I mean, it could be worse, you could have crappy mechanics such as item durability (So you lose resources and time having to repair them) or flat out Lab style zone reset garbage (So 1 death means start the entire zone again. RIP Vaal side areas/maps access to boot)
"
ladish wrote:
play hardcore and you will stop worrying about a 10% exp penalty. Seriously.

I recently started playing a sc char after hc only since the early days, 10% seems like so little it's hardly a penalty at all.
We tested it extensively
"
wlc702 wrote:
rt

You say it like its been discussed it will be removed, it hasn't.
"
Tarille wrote:
Experience Penalty is already removed. You just have to employ DDD tactics (Don't Die, Dummy).

yeah pretty much. You remove the death penalty yourself by learning to play the game properly.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Real time? How long will it take for the sun to burn out it's Hydrogen and move on to the Red Giant phase?

About 1 billion more years IIRC before it has to convert heavier elements instead.

I wonder how much anger there would be if you could use an Orb of Regret to get half of the exp back one time per death. At least you don't have to retrieve your corpse and its gear in this game!
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Last edited by Avereth12 on Mar 25, 2017, 10:23:34 PM
Ggg can either have a penalty for death and no 1 hit kill mechanics+an engine that is so badly programmed it makes the baby Jesus cry

.. or no penalty for death. The choice is simple, but since ggg is so terribly bad at engine design, we'll be forced to take an unfair deal for years to come.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Necromael wrote:
pick one :

you lose 10% of progress towards your next level on death

or

you lose 10% of your hoarded currency items in stash tab on death (rounded down)

Some kind of currency sink for softcore would actually be really nice, although I think 10% of your currency would be way to severe. It would help the economy some.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info