best way to get more health points ?

I don't need larger monitor. Also, don't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you where to go.
I am a troll? Oh, the irony (clearly, I know what it is better than you)
Your behaviour discourages other people from trying to help you. I tried, but finally, I give up. Now I'll just read this thread for lulz (if anyone else even try to answer after reading you previous posts, that is).
PS. It is "your" thread only in the meaning of you being OP. You can't decide who can post and what they'll post. Strange that I have to explain such basic things to you.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
eidoloneidolon,

Nobody's trying to attack you. You posted in the Help and Information section of the forum saying your character didn't have a lot of life, so I took a look at it and tried to help you by picking specific things you could change to get a large boost for your character's life pool. It's difficult to tell someone how they can improve without drawing attention to their mistakes, or where there is room for improvement. If you'll forgive me for saying, you don't have very thick skin.

You reacted very angrily to me asking if you've played Diablo III, and I struggle to understand how asking if you've played another game in the genre could be construed as offensive. I immediately followed that by going over a few differences in itemisation between the two games to try to help you understand how to gear characters in PoE. I'd guess I've spent about 2,800 hours in Diablo 3, and the fact that Uniques in PoE and Legendaries in D3 serve different purposes caught me off-guard. It took me a long time to learn that, and learning that made me a better player.

If you go to the Path of Exile wiki, one of the first things you'll see is a link to a guide specifically made for people new to PoE who have experience with D3. It's there to show people the things that differentiate the two games, instead of creating a generic ARPG guide which would cover a lot of stuff they already know, which some could find patronising. It's written without any hint of an insult; purely a well-intentioned guide to help people. I'd say it's not unlike my post in that regard.

I'm naturally rather long-winded, and I can understand that the combination of that and trying to find ways you could improve your character could've been taken the wrong way. It was never my intention to make you feel attacked, and I apologise if you felt like that. Somewhat ironically, the initial decision to post a lot of in-depth information came from a desire to be helpful.

I agree with Silumit that I had answered your question, but I perhaps didn't do it very clearly and it might have gotten lost in a sea of text. The answer to your question is both. Life on gear tends to be numbers, while life on the passive skill tree is typically percentages. The numbers get added together, then the percentages get added to together, then the total life is increased by the total life percentage. You want a balance of both stats for maximum effectiveness.

The thread could probably be a slightly more friendly place, so let's all make an effort to get it there. If you'd prefer I don't post in your thread again, that's fine - just let me know. Though it would be nice if you'd refrain from calling me foolish and making other belittling remarks.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
silumit wrote:
I don't need larger monitor. Also, don't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you where to go.
I am a troll? Oh, the irony (clearly, I know what it is better than you)
Your behaviour discourages other people from trying to help you. I tried, but finally, I give up. Now I'll just read this thread for lulz (if anyone else even try to answer after reading you previous posts, that is).
PS. It is "your" thread only in the meaning of you being OP. You can't decide who can post and what they'll post. Strange that I have to explain such basic things to you.

no, you never tried to help me.

you did what trolls do, you trolled as you put it "for the lulz".

and yes it is my thread, sad that you do not understand how message boards work.

my behaviour when attacked is not to thank the idiot.

you came here to screw with people, that does not make you noble.

i asked a simple question, ONE QUESTION, and i did so nicely.

your failure to be civil is your failure, not mine.
"
Sarno wrote:
eidoloneidolon,

Nobody's trying to attack you. You posted in the Help and Information section of the forum saying your character didn't have a lot of life, so I took a look at it and tried to help you by picking specific things you could change to get a large boost for your character's life pool. It's difficult to tell someone how they can improve without drawing attention to their mistakes, or where there is room for improvement. If you'll forgive me for saying, you don't have very thick skin.

a thick skin should not be needed, it was a simple question.

i see no need to accept attacks on me or placate trolls.

"
Sarno wrote:

You reacted very angrily to me asking if you've played Diablo III, and I struggle to understand how asking if you've played another game in the genre could be construed as offensive. I immediately followed that by going over a few differences in itemisation between the two games to try to help you understand how to gear characters in PoE. I'd guess I've spent about 2,800 hours in Diablo 3, and the fact that Uniques in PoE and Legendaries in D3 serve different purposes caught me off-guard. It took me a long time to learn that, and learning that made me a better player.

had i asked a question related to that in some way, your rambling answer would have been appropriate, however, since i did not ask any question like that it was not.

it is like me asking what the time is, and you insist on instructing me on how to build a watch, and how time is affected under general relativity.

"
Sarno wrote:

I'm naturally rather long-winded, and I can understand that the combination of that and trying to find ways you could improve your character could've been taken the wrong way. It was never my intention to make you feel attacked, and I apologise if you felt like that. Somewhat ironically, the initial decision to post a lot of in-depth information came from a desire to be helpful.

i accept your apology, and would like to be able to chat with you without being angry.

allow me to give you some helpful advice, look at what is being asked and answer that with as few words as is possible, it will assist you in being more helpful to others.

i do not doubt that you have a lot of information and knowledge about this game.

"
Sarno wrote:

I agree with Silumit that I had answered your question, but I perhaps didn't do it very clearly and it might have gotten lost in a sea of text. The answer to your question is both. Life on gear tends to be numbers, while life on the passive skill tree is typically percentages. The numbers get added together, then the percentages get added to together, then the total life is increased by the total life percentage. You want a balance of both stats for maximum effectiveness.

you did not answer my one question before, but you have now, and in a single paragraph.

thank you for that.

"
Sarno wrote:

The thread could probably be a slightly more friendly place, so let's all make an effort to get it there. If you'd prefer I don't post in your thread again, that's fine - just let me know. Though it would be nice if you'd refrain from calling me foolish and making other belittling remarks.

the remarks i made came after being attacked by others, i do not wish to start arguments but i will not run from one either.

i would like if i could lower my guard and have no need to say harsh things to others.

thank you for taking the time to post a second time and explain your intent, that shows a lot of maturity.

you are welcome to continue posting here.

have a good day.
Crybabies... as far as the eye can see.

The answer to your question is that you need flat life rolls on every piece of gear you can afford to get them on... AND you need 175-200%+ increased life on the tree. So both. A lot of both.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info