FFVIII - Did squall really die?

Soo... i just refreshed my childhood experience of FFVIII by finishing it again... Feels great!!
*****SPOILERS******

So my conclusion,

Squall Never died in the end.

Some proofs:

(A) Laguna flashbacks have already started in disc 1, still continued throughout after squall died.

(B)#2 If Squall died in disc 1, by the frostbolt skill of Sorceress Adel then it means the story/game should have ENDED , because #1 Rinoa is weak at this point #2 Irvine shot a sniper rifle from the top of the building and the sorceress just blocked it(this means he is useless), #3-5# Quistis,Zell and Selphie are the only ones to fight the sorceress #6 do not forget about Seifer as a ally of the Sorceress. But the ending credits scene tell a different story.

(C)Squall was tortured by Seifer in disc 2 because of ultimicia wanting to know more about SeeD, which Seifer does not know because he did not become a SeeD(failed because of his actions in the Dollet siege).

(D)The super instant love story(if you play it again you will realize it is not really instant).

(E)As per playing and comprehending the dialogues, the ending scenes are the effects of time compression(the Rinoa face blurring thingy and others).

(F)Ending credits scene shows The sorceress Adel back w/ her husband CID this means that she is free from her corruption, which means this could not happen if Squall died in ending of disc 1.

(G)Squall and Rinoa's promise to watch shooting stars together is fulfilled. YAY!

Useful article:
http://finalfantasy.answers.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Emperor_Mateus/Squall_Is_Dead_-_Why_it_doesn't_work
Ya got the wrong sorceress in F it's Edea, but other than that spot on, Squall didn't die and there's not much really to imply that he did.
If people are having to speculate based on really vague stuff, that's just bad storytelling.

I don't remember too much about FF VIII other than I leveled to 100 from T-Rexaurs like near the beginning of the game. It didn't really take that long. Face rolled my way through the rest of the game. I remember having a rapid fire controller, and just left X pressed to get past battles. Like no depth to the game at all. It was kinda cool, because I could have my attention focused 90% on something else and 10% dedicated to FF VIII and still win.

I don't remember what it was called, but there was some item that made your group invincible for X turns. So even the omega boss got #rekt without even trying. Pop one of those items, then mash X. Eventually won. I really don't understand people's fascination with these old ass JRPG games. If they remake these games, for fucks sake add some sorta depth to them. None of these kinds of games have never been challenging for me in the slightest.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 19, 2017, 9:56:13 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Of course, you're unnecessarily arrogant in your reply, but that's your thing of late.

OF LATE?

ITS A NEW THING?

WHAT?
anything is everything

No.

(Major Spoilers Ahead; You've been warned!)
Spoiler
Squall and the rest of the gang appear in a dimension outside of time, where there thoughts and wishes dictate which time period they return to.

Squall accidentally returns to the time where he lived with Edea when he was a kid (in the past).

Edea of the past even realizes this from talking to grown up squall. She says "You're that kid from that future? Please return. You do not belong here." Then she turns to his younger self after he asks who his grownup self is, and Edea says "No one. You don't need to know. You're the only squall permitted here."

Then squall returns to that dimension and faces his deepest fear of being left alone.

Then just as he is about to give up, he starts having visions of Rinoa, and passes out.

Eventually, Rinoa finds him passed out in his own pocket of that dimension (where thoughts and fears dictate your reality).

After some shots of Seifer and co. fishing on a dock, then the Loire family visiting Raine's grave, we get the start of the end credits, along with the found-video style recording of the after-party.

At the end of the found-video style recording during the credits, we see the camera focus in on Rinoa, standing on the balcony, who then turns to someone just off-camera and is speaking to them and holds up a finger. During the video we see everyone else (Cid, Selphie, Irvine, Rinoa, Zell, Quistis), so who could Rinoa be talking to on the balcony, who is just out of the shot? Hmmm ;)

And then at the very end, after the credits we see Balamb garden again from the outside. It zooms in and we can see two people standing on that one balcony, but can't tell who from this distance. Then the shot switches to Rinoa (zoomed in on her) standing on the balcony, looking up at the stars. Then she turns to someone again and smiles and points up at a shooting star. The camera switches to Rinoa's point of view and we see that it is indeed Squall that she is standing there with. They are both stargazing.

We know from the other shots that the balamb garden we see is in the real (live) world (Do they use camcorders in heaven?? LoL). Since it shows Squall and Rinoa there as well, we know that they are both in the real (live) world as well.

In the end, they all made it back to their proper time period, from that one timeless dimension.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info