FFVIII - Did squall really die?

Did squall really die?, Is ultimecia really Rinoa? WTF i need to play the game again.
Last edited by HollandRoden on Mar 24, 2017, 2:56:28 AM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 4:12:42 PM
What the fuck LOL you have the plot all wrong holy shit go play it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

yes he died
In the ending of the credits the camera turns to the balcony showing Rinoa asking someone(presumably Squall) for a dance(like the one where she asked Squall for a dance), but we never get to see squall there.

Yes Squall was there in the ending but can it be that its just her imagination?

If you try to imagine/relate the song "Eyes on me" which is the theme song of the game, and try to switch the singer(Faye Wong assuming she is also the voice of Rinoa) for Squall singing the song it does really fit.

-I think Squall died and prevented Rinoa to become Ultimecia(by giving her comfort even if he is no more).. That is my opinion, but i really wish he was alive.

The game has a lot of unanswered questions. i wish Square Enix will also make a remake of this just like what they will do to FFVII
Last edited by HollandRoden on Mar 24, 2017, 9:21:49 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
ff7 remake is squeenix pushing the emergency make money button. People are going to be so pissed when the game is released in chapters. Between Mobius and exvius, squeenix have learned that doling shit out is a much better way to make money than the traditional release all at once.
Oh yes. So, so much better that they need to press the emergency make money button.

I crossed out the one sentence of buffer separating the cognitive dissonance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 24, 2017, 11:16:56 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
doling shit out is a much better way

We all see what you did there.

FF8 is all your love, life and relationships compressed into one. A single flat pancake being where Tim Roth calls you Garcon and you reply that Garcon means Boy. A singularity. Squall and Rinoa have an appointment to meet. And they will meet.
I remember the last time that I talked about this game with friends, I realized there are people that finished the game several times and still didnt get that Laguna is Squall's father.

also Rinoa's a bitch.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Mar 24, 2017, 3:33:17 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
many years of failures as far back as Spirits Within, which almost buried them.
Well on this we agree.

Will admit that I didn't know f2p shit was out-profiting epic franchises like Dark Souls. Doesn't seem like justice to me. Would like to figure out a way to change the industry paradigm on that sort of logic.

Of course, you're unnecessarily arrogant in your reply, but that's your thing of late.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
OMG squall really died..
Last edited by HollandRoden on Mar 25, 2017, 8:39:50 PM
"
Of course the claims to Squall's death are mainly fabricated by fans who are displeased with the story of the game, or generally dislike Squall, so they play around with the story to make it suit their preferences and attempt to make the wider community accept the theory.

Holy hell what a slanted statement.

I like the "Squall Died" theory and I also like the story of FF8 without that addendum. Nothing forbids both interpretations from being enjoyable, and nothing requires them to be compared against each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info