Spastic meatball rain! Berserker Molten strike - Shaper down!

Achievements -

Done up to T14 with no problems(Bosses melt near instantly) - I would do higher if I had maps at a higher tier
Atziri is a breeze
Shaper is down!

Pros
:
Extremely high damage
Super fun!
High mobility with leap slam because of super high attack speed
Extremely high leech!
No hard to color gear(Everything can be done within 20 chromes or less, normally)

Cons:
Clear speed feels pretty mediocre/bad without quicksilver and onslaught flask for high movement speed
Expensive(10Ex+, not counting dying sun)
Leveling can be pretty bad because of lackluster attributes
Reflect sucks ass without vaal pact(And possibly with)
Not super high life pool despite being a strength-stacking build

Items:

Gear explained:

A rare helmet with Abberath's hooves would admittedly be better for damage. However, getting an armour base with a molten strike enchantment is nigh impossible. I spent 3 days waiting, and only hubrises showed up. As a result, I swapped to a rare pair of boots and got my enchant on the devoto's, which is a great helmet regardless

The core of the build - The only stat that actually matters on this is the attack speed. Critical strike chance does nothing since we're RT, and the physical damage is barely scaled, since you're getting flat fire damage. We use two since the fire damage is global, meaning every 10 strength gives 4-8 fire damage on each weapon, rather than 2-4 per weapon. This also means that physical damage on the tree makes little difference, and you either want projectile, attack or fire damage, without the physical tag. The exception is Long arm, as this is 20 strength, 9% attack speed and some negligible damage, still making it worthwhile to pick up.

These two don't work very well without one another, and are a huge DPS boost to the build. With 100+ meatballs in the air per second, we're talking 100 chances to ignite per second. At 20% chance to ignite, that's 20 ignites, or 200% increased damage. Two seconds, and it's 400%. Three seconds, and it's 600%. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less, but it's undeniable that it's an extremely high amount. While these two rings aren't super cheap, they're far cheaper than many previous leagues, down to maybe 2Ex for the pair

This amulet is irreplacable. It is the singular best amulet in the game. While Astramentis offers more flat strength, this not only offers more life, but also fire penetration, 70 strength(With my current 700), avatar of fire and the ability to do extra damage to enemies who hit you

These are random rares with nothing notable on them. Firstly, you want to focus on capping resistance, then get the attributes required to max out skills(As well as strength. Strength is great!), and finally life. You only need 135% resistance, as the wise oak will nearly always be up, and make sure you are capped even in ele weakness maps. For the belt, specifically, you also want weapon elemental damage, if at all possible. You also want attack speed on the gloves, but this isn't mandatory

Flasks:

Dying sun and the anti freeze silver flask is swapout for harder content like guardians or shaper

Gem links

BBB, Brutus' lead sprinkler - Curse on hit, Orb of storms, Flammability
GRR, Brutus' Lead sprinkler - Faster attacks, Blood magic(Can be replaced with fortify), Leap slam
RRBG, Gloves - Vaal lightning trap, Ancestral protector, Anger, Blood rage
GRRR, Boots- Arctic armour, Cast when damage taken, Molten shell(Can be replaced with Vortex), Summon flame golem
GRRR, Helmet - Cast when damage taken, Vaal haste, Increased duration, Immortal call
RRRRGB, Chest - Molten strike, Multistrike, Concentrated effect, Fire penetration, Faster attacks, Weapon elemental damage(If you only have a 5-link, skip out on either faster attacks or WED)

Jewels

These two are mandatory. They are too good to pass up, and for two jewel sockets, you more than double the amount of fireballs you have, which drastically affects your DPS output

Mods from most desired to least desired
Fire damage
% Life
Attack speed with maces/Attack speed while dual wielding(They do about the same)
Projectile damage/Area damage(They do the same)
Attack speed
Damage
Melee damage

Skill tree -

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECANlhW68UdVnzlG982WhltfIFLVfiwGZOKmZUCfZ35UbX_roW6V8_4XPE9vhfUEfqEHKpJDdXDRo4gpvPfu0gLlNj_So4kFVvO-pi5FHTfqyqrY38xX11hVLAGu96xKINjQYOt7bGrkMxtz7zm702i088LRmKjM9xhTqz7w7aue4OC2F1y5u1hMVnm3asaPLDOhQg2sG746luvwhYY5cGjX5lTa4-ogCHdptqpML3Miftxth65jWSmFdyD_Af1HzTb69sJy-E2Ud-2L3qGEz_dO14DfZIg1_-Cnfjvqdf0IPMsUIEsyGQPfxKfQHc

Tooltip DPS
is completely inaccurate, as it doesn't involve the meatballs, only the initial hit, but for the tooltip warrior(This is without the berserker cloaked in savagery) - Right click and open the picture in another tab for full view

For leveling, use firetrap, flame totem and molten strike until level 12. Then swap into firestorm. At level 28, Brutus' lead sprinkler should be available, and depending on strength, should make leveling a breeze. I partied with 5 others in merciless and outdamaged all of them(Excluding one, who was an auramancer), so the damage is no joke. I'd advise picking up life early though, as it's still a melee range skill, and surviving can become hard early on. The later it gets, the stronger you'll get.

Last edited by RainbroDasher on Mar 23, 2017, 5:42:01 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2017, 9:55:38 PM
Bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info